Off Road meet in NC

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So when we gonna do this?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:16 PM
how bout first of the year? How does that work? Friday or Saturday something like that... im workin on getting that video up on youtube so yall can see what its like

Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 PM

Not sure if I could make that but I could try...and that vid would be great.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Okay, so it took me all of about 4 hours to upload it... so im really really hoping the quality improves like it says it should... but here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDUrsUKBbI

CHECK IT OUT NOW BEFORE THE SOUNDTRACK DISSAPEARS! LOL

Old 12-14-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm so down for that! Only problem is that it looks too flat to be close to me.

Next time, I'd let the ranger lead. That way, if something gets him stuck that might get you stuck, you're not relying on a Ranger to pull you out. (I noticed you did this at the end)

Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by wingman4
Okay, so it took me all of about 4 hours to upload it... so im really really hoping the quality improves like it says it should... but here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDUrsUKBbI

CHECK IT OUT NOW BEFORE THE SOUNDTRACK DISSAPEARS! LOL
Badass, I'm so in. First of the year would work out great for me. Does anyone mind if I extend a invitation to a Ranger forum I'm on?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:59 PM
ya, typically ill lead through part of it in 2wd and that way I can put in 4 if I need to and pull my buddy back there... But then I'll normall park mine and well ride in his truck until we get it stuck - like we did there

Dude that's fine. I'd love to get around 4 or 5 trucks out there... If you guys are wanting to stay the night there's a hotel in leland that looks pretty decent. Also, if you guys wanted to hit up Carolina beach and fish some that only 25 minutes away from Leland. When I get some numbers for who's coming I'll print out a map for each of you... Cause it's pretty easy to get lost back there and it goes on for many many miles

Last edited by wingman4; 12-14-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Is this place legal to go too? I've already been hassled way to many times for trespassing around here and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 PM

Man this looks awesome! I will have to ask my dad if I can for certain can go. Where exactly is this at?

Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
If I have the extra cash after christmas I'm down, looks like alot of fun. What would be some items to bring for sure? Do I need tow hooks? (mine's a 2wd)

Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
It's in Wilmington... I would put some tow hooks on if you can... But don't go cutting stuff just to put tow hooks on, we can run a strap around your lower control arm to pull you out - as long as you don't need a big jerk it shouldn't hurt a thing, I've pulled a lot vehicles out this way. And if you have a trailer hitch def put a ball in or even invest in a d-ring receiver.

Ya just let me know as soon as you can, and if after Christmas before you can let me know that's fine, I just need to know numbers... I mean we could easily take 10 trucks out there, but I'd really rather not. 5 or there abouts would be good.

Just a side note, I had something happen that I was not expecting, and there's a possibilty I can't do it... But i will give you guys directions and gps coordinates and tell you a plenty about it... Im thinkin at the very least I won't be able to stay out there the whole time. I would reccomend CB's for communication out there... Anyways hopefully everything will work out.

And guys... Please don't bring beer out there. If you guys want to go drinking there's plenty of places to do that in Wilmington, but I want to just have some fun offroading and drivin thru some mud and water, and not be worried about guys getting drunk and gettin hurt or hurtin others. Thanks!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by 06xlt4x4
Is this place legal to go too? I've already been hassled way to many times for trespassing around here and I don't want to deal with it anymore.
Thank you for asking! Here's my answer (and it's very indirect): I don't go places. Where it's illegal or where there's "no tresspassing" signs. I've been out there a lot, and I know guys who go out there almost every day. But it's not my property, so I always want to be careful about going out there...hence keeping the number of trucks low and no alcohol... I pass guys out there sometimes and a lot of the time they're doin the same as me just havin fun

Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by wingman4
It's in Wilmington... I would put some tow hooks on if you can... But don't go cutting stuff just to put tow hooks on, we can run a strap around your lower control arm to pull you out - as long as you don't need a big jerk it shouldn't hurt a thing, I've pulled a lot vehicles out this way. And if you have a trailer hitch def put a ball in or even invest in a d-ring receiver.

Ya just let me know as soon as you can, and if after Christmas before you can let me know that's fine, I just need to know numbers... I mean we could easily take 10 trucks out there, but I'd really rather not. 5 or there abouts would be good.

Just a side note, I had something happen that I was not expecting, and there's a possibilty I can't do it... But i will give you guys directions and gps coordinates and tell you a plenty about it... Im thinkin at the very least I won't be able to stay out there the whole time. I would reccomend CB's for communication out there... Anyways hopefully everything will work out.

And guys... Please don't bring beer out there. If you guys want to go drinking there's plenty of places to do that in Wilmington, but I want to just have some fun offroading and drivin thru some mud and water, and not be worried about guys getting drunk and gettin hurt or hurtin others. Thanks!
For one, I'm 18, drinking isn't an option. Which day are you planning to go? I could probably get some tow hooks, but I'm not sure when. I do have a ball hitch on the bumper, if that's what you're referring to. I'm not quite sure when I'll be available, due to prior plans. But, I will let you know asap. If we can't do this when we plan to, spring break would be the next best option for me.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM

Spring break will be very good if we are all on the same schedule for me because my sister is at uncw and I will prob just stay with them haha. I dont have a cb but I do have tow hooks(I think) and 4x4.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 AM
You don't even need a hitch insert, we can put the strap in the hitch and secure it with the pin, I've done that a lot. I agree on the no alcohol, I've been to a meet where that became a huge problem and you really just don't want to have to deal with that, especially when vehicles are involved.

Quick Reply: Off Road meet in NC