Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Calling all North Carolina fellow Members!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:06 PM
gcw
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
willmington. fo sho.

fishing, shopping, restaurants, and its like an hour to myrtle beach.

yup if i were to stick around here willmington would be it.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
There would be some culture shock coming from Rhode Island.
My daddy was born in SC. I have kin in both Carolinas.
One difference between VA where I'm at now and NC is we wear shoes.

I told my cousin down in NC I was on the internet as 'Raoul'.

He said, "You're on the what?".

Old 08-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
There would be some culture shock coming from Rhode Island.
My daddy was born in SC. I have kin in both Carolinas.
One difference between VA where I'm at now and NC is we wear shoes.

I told my cousin down in NC I was on the internet as 'Raoul'.

He said, "You're on the what?".

Aw shucks, you'ins ain't got to talk sweeeeet to us'in's down cheer in dixie. We ain't proud nor stuckup just 'causin' we don't have nary a use for store bought shoes. I kin step round a cow pattie faster'n a tick suckin' blood outa Uncle Caleb's hound's ear. Don't knead no special shoes to do it nedder!

Onliest thing I ever had interanet was a big ole' catfish down at the crik. He made some sho'nuf good stew, way to big to fry up. Well, I guess you'd call it a net, it were actually Granny Emmy Lou's fancy Sunday underpants that got them legins built in to'em.

Ya'll come on down now! Bring de'm goats!!!!!!!! We like them Yankeefied goats, they don't no better than to back up to the fence. Goat's and sum Cows round here are purty shy once Eb gets near to a fence and commences to talkin' sweet to 'em.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Serotta = Larry the Cable STEALING Guy

Old 08-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
What do you think about the Concord Area? I like to workout,run,bike,swim, go out to eat, gonna get a Harley to Drive around! Looking for a regular house, nothing huge, easy to maintain. Will be living on a pension. May work part time, if I need or want to. I do like the water, as I am spoiled here in that regard! The ocean is just down the road. Oh yes, I am a NASCAR fan, & love Lowes Motor Speedway!.........
I use to live north of Raleigh but I'm always back n forth there b/c majority of my family lives there. I have a cousin and best friend who both live in Concord and all I can tell you is WOW. Concord is beyond beautiful. If you get a chance check out allentate.com. These guys were going to help me when I was thinking about moving back which I still am. I'm in the Va now near Reston looking at apartments and jobs but I will be in NC next week. Keep us informed

Last edited by pmason718; 08-30-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by 1st4x4
Serotta = Larry the Cable STEALING Guy
I ain't never hear tell of Larry dealin' wit Yankeefied goats! Now normal goats an cows, that thar's different!

Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey Serotta, found that video of you dancing

http://www.break.com/index/best-brea...-all-time.html

Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by 1st4x4
Hey Serotta, found that video of you dancing

http://www.break.com/index/best-brea...-all-time.html
Thanks, That was our wedding reception, didn't know they youtubed it.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
hey bro i live just outside of raliegh in burlington. its got a nice country side to it. and you dont have all the bad traffic like when i am in virginia... if anyoe on here that lives close wants to get to gether in raliegh or some place near this saturday hit me up we can set somthing up to hang out;..

Old 09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I moved down here in June from VT. Forced retirement for medical reasons. I'm in Mocksville about 20 miles west of Winston Salem and an hour from Charlotte. I bought a log home on 5 acres. I live in the country and a 20 min drive to Winston. So far I like it a lot. I'm down here by myself and don't know anyone down here. So it can get a little lonely sometimes. And I'm only 10 min from the 1/8 mile drag strip.

Last edited by evo; 09-28-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Greenville NC is the 10th largest city in NC. Not too large, but big enough. 1 hour from the beach and 1 hour from Raleigh.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by ncarng79t
Greenville NC is the 10th largest city in NC. Not too large, but big enough. 1 hour from the beach and 1 hour from Raleigh.
i work 30 minutes from there and live about 45 from there. i'm in greenville all the time.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:33 AM
If you're into gang banging and what not... Durham NC is just for you. Dont be fooled by the fact that its the home town of Duke University. But I go to school in North Charlotte and I agree with the others, Concord is really nice. LOVE uptown Charlotte too but obviously theres a lot of areas in Charlotte you want to stay away from.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 AM
There's a lot of places like everyone else has said. Cary is known for people moving down from up north. Really nice there, though. There's plenty of nice neighborhoods going up in Wilmington and some around Raleigh, such as ***uay-Varina and Holly Springs just to name a few. There is a Harley Dealer in Raleigh too.. so that might be an added bonus for you

The above "***" is not me stating obscene words... the filter - which I actually didn't know there was one - misunderstood what I typed. I was typing the name of a town outside of raleigh spelled: F, U, Q, U, A, Y-VARINA... except w/o the commas... but you get the point

Last edited by wingman4; 01-04-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: some filter that misenterperates town names :P
Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Just outside of Raleigh here, NCSU alum

I live about 20 min SE of downtown Raleigh now

it's not that bad here, job market is tight as it's gotten to where everyone here is over educated and underpaid

I like living here, wouldn't live in anywhere else except maybe the Keys or Caribbean

NC is my home, all my folks are from eastern NC... I'd rather be in the eastern half of our state but there are some nice places in the western part as well

parts of Raleigh,Chapel Hill, Morrisville, Charlotte and such are going to be expensive to live in as well, but there are some nice affordable places to reside as well

Last edited by TullyMars; 01-10-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all North Carolina fellow Members!