Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

South florida "off roading"

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slammmed
jiggle:

any particular place you wanna go? Is there anyone else thats down for going? Copper?

Sorry i didnt see your comment. My whole office was reprimanded for internet usuage so i have to stay out of here during the day for a few months until the heat dies off. But yeah im down to go especially if i can see Jhitti break his foot again !

Ill be checking back every time i can, but if not soot me an email.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by jiggle
Oh and copperhead's truck doesn't seem like it would be too thrilled about leaving the pavement

Yeah

She wil be a parking lot princess while i watch or maybe i can sit in the passenger seat and pretend...

Old 10-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Just got back from Corbett. Didn't take any trails, as I was by myself, but everything looked pretty flooded. A lot can change in a month though.

Oh but I did get stopped by FWC with my 12 gauge and a bunch of buckshot behind my seat. At first they said they were taking all of it and giving me a fine, but I was very polite so they said they were only taking the ammo (since it's dove season, and you don't hunt dove with buckshot). Then they decided to even give me the ammo back. And they didn't even make me leave Just goes to show that honesty and politeness can work in your favor.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey, can anyone give me directions? I have a friend in a 4x4 Ranger who wouldn't mind going out playing as well. I'm not looking to kill or slice up my truck, just have some fun

Tuesday I'm getting the gap guards installed and the radiator shroud clipped (it rubs a bit when leaning) so I will be GTG for next weekend

Old 10-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Directions to Corbett? Get off 95 at Southern Blvd. Not sure what exit it is but it's a couple miles south of West Palm. Go west around 15 miles (past 441, until you're way out in the farm fields) and make a right to go north on Seminole Pratt Rd. Go down that road (just guessing) around 10 miles until it ends. the last mile or so is not paved, and if it's been raining it can get really rough. Last night it was horrible. When the road dead ends, Corbett will be on the left. There's a sign and everything, so it's hard to miss it.

That's the south entrance, which is where I always go in. The north entrance is on Bee Line Hwy maybe 100 yards north of Indiantown Road.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 PM

The area I circled is the south entrance. Just make sure you stop and pay (you have to put like $6/vehicle in the envelope and drop it into the box) and keep the slip that was attached to the envelope. You're almost guaranteed to get stopped by FWC, and if you don't have that slip they will ******* you up. When you do get stopped, just be polite and let them search your trucks. I may have said it before, but it is a state park, so the fines for alcohol are insane. I used to know somebody who brought out a couple 18 packs and they fined him something like $40/beer

Old 10-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is the official trail map for Corbett, and it has rules & fees...

http://myfwc.com/recreation/jw_corbe...p#DrivingRoute

Just FYI: I'm putting together a "master list" of trails in NA, and this is the South/SouthEast group:

If you want to add some you know about, go to the Where's your trail? thread in the off-roading forum.

Last edited by Steve83; 10-13-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:50 AM

yea coppers truck stay on the pavement, as u can see he wont even take it in the woods to go camping, he camps out in his driveway .

Old 10-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Old 10-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Maybe this Sunday the 21st around 12:00 in West Palm?
Looks like there's no hunting this weekend either

Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
I think I can do Sunday. I have to be at work at 5 though, so is it possible to start earlier?

Also, I think we were planning on like the first or second weekend in November. That may be a better time since it gives all the water from all the rain we've been having a chance to dry up. If you go out there now it's no fun because you're just dodging lakes the whole time.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
first weekend in november I am unavailable but second weekend I am.

Is that good for everyone else?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I'll try to make whatever weekend you all decide on. Not the Lauderdale boat show weekend though.......I'll be blasted down there somewhere.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Doesn't all that hunting start in November?

I'm 'ignant of the place, but I've got a friend in town and want to take her 4-wheeling...can you describe "lake dodging?" Or is there a place better suited?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by MiamiDave
Doesn't all that hunting start in November?

I'm 'ignant of the place, but I've got a friend in town and want to take her 4-wheeling...can you describe "lake dodging?" Or is there a place better suited?
Hunting season's already started, but you can still go in for whatever reason. It's been raining a lot over the past couple weeks so the trails are pretty much all flooded. It's impossible to tell how deep they are so nobody will drive through them. It's better to wait until the water dries. Not to mention there will be some nice mud after all the puddles dry. As long as it doesn't rain too much in the next month, the middle of November should be pretty good.

Quick Reply: South florida "off roading"