South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Ark-La-Tex Tonneau Cover Issues?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Ark-La-Tex Tonneau Cover Issues?

If any of you live in the Ark-La-Tex and are having issues finding a low-profile hard tonneau cover that you like, I may have a solution for you. I worked on this for several days, and made a lot of phone calls, and sent a lot of emails...finally found the lid I wanted and can have it installed locally.

I just traded my '04 F150 Lariat 4x4 SCrew for an '09 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SCrew...absolutely THE BEST vehicle I've ever owned. So, now I'm wanting to put a tonneau cover on it, bed liner, etc. I had an UnderCover on my '04...NP, as the '04 Lariat was Red with a lot of black trim...so the UnderCover worked fine and looked good. I also had a Rhino liner in it. Did a great job.

Now, this King Ranch is just a whole lot nicer than the '04 Lariat was, and really has no black trim anywhere on it...it's all Arizona Beige. So, I'm thinking now I want a fiberglass lid. But, I don't want one of these hump-backed ones I keep seeing around here. Most everything I see around here in fiberglass is either an Astro or an A.R.E. and personally I just don't like the looks of them...and they're HEAVY. I want something that's low-profile, as well as easy to remove...and after doing a lot of research, decided on the SnugLid.

Great lid, big problem...as the closest SnugLid dealers are in Fort Smith and Dallas. Got a quote from Dallas, and they said they could do it on a Saturday...and need 3-4 weeks leeway. But, the kicker is I'd have to make an extra trip there when placing the order to pay him $600 down...then wait 3-4 weeks and go back for install. So, I called Fort Smith, and lo and behold, they said they had a sub-dealer here in Texarkana...Trucks Plus. So, I ordered from Mike at Trucks Plus, right in my backyard, and actually got it cheaper than what I was quoted in Dallas. I also decided on the BedRug liner and ordered that from Trucks Plus. When the SnugLid arrives from California, Mike will install the lid and liner for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ark-La-Tex Tonneau Cover Issues?