South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Ark-La-Tex Tonneau Cover Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Ark-La-Tex Tonneau Cover Issues?

If any of you live in the Ark-La-Tex and are having issues finding a low-profile hard tonneau cover that you like, I may have a solution for you. I worked on this for several days, and made a lot of phone calls, and sent a lot of emails...finally found the lid I wanted and can have it installed locally.

I just traded my '04 F150 Lariat 4x4 SCrew for an '09 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SCrew...absolutely THE BEST vehicle I've ever owned. So, now I'm wanting to put a tonneau cover on it, bed liner, etc. I had an UnderCover on my '04...NP, as the '04 Lariat was Red with a lot of black trim...so the UnderCover worked fine and looked good. I also had a Rhino liner in it. Did a great job.

Now, this King Ranch is just a whole lot nicer than the '04 Lariat was, and really has no black trim anywhere on it...it's all Arizona Beige. So, I'm thinking now I want a fiberglass lid. But, I don't want one of these hump-backed ones I keep seeing around here. Most everything I see around here in fiberglass is either an Astro or an A.R.E. and personally I just don't like the looks of them...and they're HEAVY. I want something that's low-profile, as well as easy to remove...and after doing a lot of research, decided on the SnugLid.

Great lid, big problem...as the closest SnugLid dealers are in Fort Smith and Dallas. Got a quote from Dallas, and they said they could do it on a Saturday...and need 3-4 weeks leeway. But, the kicker is I'd have to make an extra trip there when placing the order to pay him $600 down...then wait 3-4 weeks and go back for install. So, I called Fort Smith, and lo and behold, they said they had a sub-dealer here in Texarkana...Trucks Plus. So, I ordered from Mike at Trucks Plus, right in my backyard, and actually got it cheaper than what I was quoted in Dallas. I also decided on the BedRug liner and ordered that from Trucks Plus. When the SnugLid arrives from California, Mike will install the lid and liner for me.

Quick Reply: Ark-La-Tex Tonneau Cover Issues?