Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would echo the thoughts of the others. Really, in the end I doubt you would find a decent truck for $5k that you wouldn't spend more money on anyway. You would give up some creature comforts and all the additions/mods you have made thus far.

If possible, I would suggest fast-tracking paying off your truck. If you're pretty comfortable at $400, could you do $800? You would have it cleared up in 18 months. I've always paid off loans early to save some $$$ on interest and free up the payment.

In the end, do whatever you feel comfortable with. If you really don't have the need for a truck that often, you may get by with something older and it'll be fine. On the other hand, things may change and you may need use of the truck more often, if that happens you will be happy to have kept your truck.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown F-150
If possible, I would suggest fast-tracking paying off your truck. If you're pretty comfortable at $400, could you do $800? You would have it cleared up in 18 months. I've always paid off loans early to save some $$$ on interest and free up the payment.
I like that idea even better -- I have found over the years that it is personally easier for me to "pay them now" rather than "pay them later". Although my goal is usually not to save any money on interest -- it's to free up the extra cash flow in my monthly budget.

For example, if I buy a big ticket item that might be financed over two or three years, I will usually squirrel money away like a crazy man at first until I have set aside the amount of money to cover the full term of payments long before the note is due. However, rather than pay off the note to save a few dollars interest, I usually just leave that money in my checking or savings account and extract the payments from that "kitty" until the note is paid off.

For me, the goal is not saving on interest -- it's to have the extra flexibility back in my monthly budget as quickly as possible. As an added bonus, having that extra cash on hand creates a little bit of a cash cushion within my budget -- even if it's only temporary in nature.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
mornin'

Old 03-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
I am giving some serious consideration to selling the truck

Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
If you've read this far, thanks for your consideration

I bet if you had a 5.0 you wouldn't ever want to sell it

Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Good morning boys and girls!!

Old 03-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A new supermarket opened near my house. It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and you experience the scent of fresh mown hay.
In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks with onions.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle, and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread & cookies.

I don't buy toilet paper there any more.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
A new supermarket opened near my house. It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and you experience the scent of fresh mown hay.
In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks with onions.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle, and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread & cookies.

But on the other hand, he spends hours in the Tampon aisle......

Old 03-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am very impressed with weathertech! Bought mats for the truck in December, passenger side fit wasnt good. I emailed them and they sent me another set of the front mats, Which fit better. Then Today got this email, totally surprised. This will be the 3rd set they have sent me and didn't even ask for the new design

Old 03-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy

Today marks 6 months without any alcohol at all, been 6 months of eating better (lots more fruit and vegetables) I've been drinking atleast 10 glasses of water daily. I cut out red meat, and most carbs, and focused on getting 8hrs of good sleep every night. The change in my body has been fantastic, I've lost weight, and have a ton of energy. I am looking forward to continuing this trend because I love the way I feel now. I don't really miss junk food or alcohol.

I'm not sure who's status this is, I just copied and pasted it because I was so excited for them!

Old 03-07-2017, 06:36 PM
A little over 2 yrs ago we bought a 40' 5th wheel toy hauler that's a little too heavy for my son in laws F-250 to safely handle. Before s serious accident happened I bit the bullet today and traded in my '13 F-150 for a dually to safely handle the trailer. I've been toying with this idea for over 2 yrs.

'17 Lariat in White Gold...what I need to dig up to pay for it!! More of my kids inheritance going down the drain!!

Old 03-07-2017, 06:40 PM

We'll be a lot safer towing this with the dually.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
A little over 2 yrs ago we bought a 40' 5th wheel toy hauler that's a little too heavy for my son in laws F-250 to safely handle. Before s serious accident happened I bit the bullet today and traded in my '13 F-150 for a dually to safely handle the trailer. I've been toying with this idea for over 2 yrs.

'17 Lariat in White Gold...what I need to dig up to pay for it!! More of my kids inheritance going down the drain!!
Wow! Congrats!

Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by PawPaw
We'll be a lot safer towing this with the dually.

Wowza nice rig!

Old 03-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Sweet ride, Paw -- I bet that thing cost more than most of the houses you've owned.....

Old 03-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Well the youngest daughter and my son in law just left after supper and checking out the truck. The 3yr old and the 16yr old had to check everything out. The 16yr asked me if he could take it for a ride around the block and I threw him the keys. His mom rode shotgun even though he's a good driver. I told him next thing is to learn how to pull the trailer with it...that made his day! I've got an appointment set up to get the bed sprayed and the 5th wheel plate mounted in the bed. Need at least a thousand miles before towing so that may take a week or two! 48 gallon fuel tank in the 17's so thats great for long trips.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!

Quick Reply: Let's start over......