OEM Part# for Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirch3333
I found this... Has anybody used this yet? I dunno if I wanna be the guinea pig that buys it first.
http://www.tss-radio.com/isimple-for...us-p-6952.html
I've done this recently & it worked on my 2010 XLT w/basic radio. Sirius button works & I can change channels from the steering wheel. The only thing was I needed this model per tss radio:

ISFD11-A

Looks like they're currently out of stock. The difference is a cable that connects to the screen allowing you to see what channels, SAT#, etc. on the radio (PGHFD1A Vehicle Harness). You will loose that functionality w/out the extra cable. Edit: After looking around it looks like you can get this harness seperately around the net.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by mWags
I've done this recently & it worked on my 2010 XLT w/basic radio. Sirius button works & I can change channels from the steering wheel. The only thing was I needed this model per tss radio:

ISFD11-A

Looks like they're currently out of stock. The difference is a cable that connects to the screen allowing you to see what channels, SAT#, etc. on the radio (PGHFD1A Vehicle Harness). You will loose that functionality w/out the extra cable. Edit: After looking around it looks like you can get this harness seperately around the net.
I called tss last week and double checked, they were in stock but not updating in the computer. I have them sitting in front of me, but wondering how hard it is to install?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm assuming you have a 2009 or 2010 F150? If so, it's not very difficult. One of the easier things to install I would think, but, I placed my antenna on the dash in the middle. Functions fine there for me. Probably would take a little more time to route the antenna outside of the vehicle.

Just take your time.

I'd post some things about what i did if you want...

Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by mWags
I'm assuming you have a 2009 or 2010 F150? If so, it's not very difficult. One of the easier things to install I would think, but, I placed my antenna on the dash in the middle. Functions fine there for me. Probably would take a little more time to route the antenna outside of the vehicle.

Just take your time.

I'd post some things about what i did if you want...
2010 stx here, how did ya get to the radio, take the panels off the sides of the radio or from the top under the tray piece?

Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 PM
There's a small rubber mat in front of the radio display that I pulled up. There are two bolts there to remove. Then I loosened the panels on each side you don't have to remove them. It's easier no too, IMO. Then start to remove the large center panel at the bottom right. I have sync and there is a small center panel at the bottom. I reached my fingers around from the back bottom right of the large panel and I popped that smaller panel off. There's a bolt at the center towards the bottom that is exposed at that time. Remove it. You should then be able to pull the large center panel out. There are a couple of wires to disconnect while doing so. You can then pull the radio out after removing the two bolts there on either side.

Remove the large rubber mat on top of the dashboard and remove two bolts there. Then lift the tray out. Lift from the back first. This will expose the back of the radio display. You'll need access here to connect the smaller wiring harness supplied w/the kit. Then install from there....

I did this quickly & from memory I hope it helps. Oh, the bolts are 7mm I think.

Last edited by mWags; 07-05-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: OEM Part# for Sirius