XM & Sirius promo code

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM & Sirius promo code

I received my renewal notice in the mail a few days ago and to my dismay seen that the FCC has implemented a "music royalty fee" that now equates to about $30 extra dollars a year for a two radio subscription.

The first radio on my account is $145, the second is $98 and then tack on the MRF of $30.

I found a promo online (promo code XMSCION03) and just got off the phone with XM. My new contract is set for $77 a year per radio and the MRF fees have been waived. The rep also set it up to autorenew in 2011 at the same exact price, also waiving the MRF fees.

I wanted to pass this information along. Hope someone else can take advantage of it!

Old yearly fee for two radios=$273.82
New yearly fee with promo=$154.00

Old 01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Because I noticed that I originally posted it in the wrong forum....I looked for the best place to post it before I added the first one but completely overlooked this particular forum for satellite radio, so I posted it again where it belongs.

Last edited by JKDKALIMAN; 01-28-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Where did you find this promo at? I have sirius and need a code for them. I just got sticker shock when I got logged on to my CC and saw $160 for 6 months of service.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 PM
This is how it went down. I received a letter in the mail stating that my membership was up for renewal in Feb. The price for both radios was included in the letter as well as the new Music Royalty Fees. This is the first time I have heard of the "MRF" and I was a little peeved that my bill was going up $30 a year. My wife and I were already on the fence on whether we were going to renew as it was.

Anyway, I just started poking around on the internet, reading different forums and whatnot when I came across that promo code.

I called XM and said "that in lieu of the economy and financial woes, we were debating on whether or not we were going to renew at our regular rate and to our dismay we see that XM is now adding a "MRF" added fee. We were going to cancel but came across a $77 per radio, per year promotion on the internet and wanted to know if we could take advantage of it?" He asked me what the promo code was and I gave him the one posted in my original post.

He then transfered me to a customer retention rep who, without any hesitation said that I could take advantage of the offer. I then asked her about the MRF and more specifically if it could be waived. Again, without any hesitation, she said yes. It really was that easy.

Then I thanked her but had one more question. I said, "this is great ,your really helping my wife and I out and we really appreciate it but what about next year? I'll just be back in the same boat" She said she could extend the offer out one full year. So in 2011 I will auto renew at $77 per radio WITHOUT the MRF included. At the end of that term, I'll probablly call back and see if they can do it all over again.

GL!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks, that's a good recap. I had mine set up for auto renewal. I am going to call them and see what I can do.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Just got off the phone with my Sirius provider , and gave them the pro mo code of XMSCIONO3 as stated previously . Phone rep said it was an XM pro mo code { apparently XM and Sirius each have their own promotion codes ? } and was not any good for my Sirius account to renew .
She told me { as did their mailing renewal I got last week } I could get a 1 year renewal + 2 free months for a total { all taxes, etc } of $149.31 out the door Not much of a deal in my book .

Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im guessing this is a promo for normal XM and not XM with the best of Sirius?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
I have no idea, gonna try again just before my 6 month free subscription runs out ...March 21st .

Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by sgray
Im guessing this is a promo for normal XM and not XM with the best of Sirius?
Correct

Old 01-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06xlt4x4
Correct
OK thanks, do you by any chance know about one for XM and the best of Sirius? Ive never seen one, but just thought Id ask.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarbear
Just got off the phone with my Sirius provider , and gave them the pro mo code of XMSCIONO3 as stated previously . Phone rep said it was an XM pro mo code { apparently XM and Sirius each have their own promotion codes ? } and was not any good for my Sirius account to renew .
She told me { as did their mailing renewal I got last week } I could get a 1 year renewal + 2 free months for a total { all taxes, etc } of $149.31 out the door Not much of a deal in my book .
That's a bummer. I guess I should have done a little more research into the situation before I posted my original post. I guess I just assumed that the promo would of worked for Sirius the same as it did for XM seeing as how they have merged.

I wonder what they would do for you if you stated that a "lot" of people you know are getting their XM subscriptions for $77 a year and you were thinking about switching over to save the coin. Maybe the "threat" of losing a customer will facilitate a price match of sorts. Just a thought

Old 02-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Might just use that line, my renewal isn't up till late March, so there's no real hurry, just thought I'd give the code a shot and see what happens

Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Threaten to cancel. That's what I did on Saturday and they gave me the $77/year for the first radior and $50+ for the second radio. Didn't even have to use a code. I had already renewed at higher prices through auto renewal (didn't want auto renewal). When I saw the bill I had sticker shock. Called in and threatened to cancel and then spoke to someone that gave me the deal.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the code, I have never had the sirius, but i bought my truck (used) and it had the factory sirius radio already in it so i figured what the heck... I opened up a new online account via sirius website and where you enter your radio isn # you can enter a promo code. I enter the code above and it took it. What you have to do is when you go in and select your plan click the little link at the bottom says some thing like "for more options" click it and you will get the option for a semi-annual year membership for $77. What it is, is you pay for 6 months up front (the $77) and you automatically get the next 6 months free... Worked like a charm. I even called to make sure I was getting a full year.

Quick Reply: XM & Sirius promo code