SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI)

The company stock is down to $.15 a share. I believe that is because the company is in financial trouble. If I get a year's subscription, do you think the company will be around that long?

Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow!!!! i hope so, i just re-upped for another yr on 1 of my recievers. i gotta look into this cuz it may be a hell of a stock to guerilla trade for a few weeks

Old 11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Well they are making extra moneys by running commercials for pontiac cars!
Anyone else hear the commercials?

Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by *KNUCKLEHEAD*
wow!!!! i hope so, i just re-upped for another yr on 1 of my recievers. i gotta look into this cuz it may be a hell of a stock to guerilla trade for a few weeks
I think the service is a better value than the stock.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
The company stock is down to $.15 a share. I believe that is because the company is in financial trouble. If I get a year's subscription, do you think the company will be around that long?
I would go on a month by month or a 3 month basis for now. Here is why? While the company has an excellent product and a strong brand it has a lot of debt and little cash. XM had a lot of debt which Sirius had to pay off to aquire them. Sirius Borrowed a lot of that money which left them with high debt. If Sirius would file bankrupcy all previous debts and obligations become Null and Void, which could include pre-paid subscriptions. If they file bankruptcy chances are the company would be bought out, but all those pre-paid subsciptions do not have to be honored. (It would **** off a lot of customers, but can happen.)

Back in 2006 when Howard Came to Sirius they were offering a "Lifetime" Membership for $400. A bunch of my buddies got it and I told them they were dumb for this reason and because you can only transfer that lifetime subscription 3 radios. So when they say "lifetime", they mean the lifetime of 3 radios.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by F150RYDER2K8
Back in 2006 when Howard Came to Sirius they were offering a "Lifetime" Membership for $400. A bunch of my buddies got it and I told them they were dumb for this reason and because you can only transfer that lifetime subscription 3 radios. So when they say "lifetime", they mean the lifetime of 3 radios.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering what the lifetime subscription was.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI)