Mergers Weak

Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mergers Weak

well how do u like the finally completed merger, XM has 22 new channels, Sirus has 11. New channel listing on XMradio.com and i would still have to pay extrea for nfl and howard...weak

Old 11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by achap
well how do u like the finally completed merger, XM has 22 new channels, Sirus has 11. New channel listing on XMradio.com and i would still have to pay extrea for nfl and howard...weak
I could care less about XM. Had it through Direct tv and thought it sucked. Now with the merger, Sirius is forcing XM down my throat by getting rid of, IMHO, the 2 most kick*** channels on Sirius, 1) 16 the vault and replacing it with deep cuts, which is what I want to give myself I hear that station, and 2) 19 buzzsaw and replaced it with the boneyard, all AC/DC all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm an AC/DC fan, but I liked buzzsaw better.

Last edited by mitch150; 11-14-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm an XM user who just got a new truck with Sirius and am sad at the loss of Fred for 1st Wave and the loss of AudioVisions for the lame Spa channel.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by bczrx
I'm an XM user who just got a new truck with Sirius and am sad at the loss of Fred for 1st Wave and the loss of AudioVisions for the lame Spa channel.
Yeah, the Spa channel sucks!!! I would have preferred they got rid of that and replaced IT with something from XM.

Last edited by mitch150; 11-15-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
I bought the extra sirius channels for my xm and am very disappointed. Playboy sucks, howard sucks...ETC ive cancelled it and just went back to the normal XM programming

Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Frmboybuck
I bought the extra sirius channels for my xm and am very disappointed. Playboy sucks, howard sucks...ETC ive cancelled it and just went back to the normal XM programming
glad to hear an opinion, i was thinking about adding them but wasnt sure

Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Well It seems that no one is happy with the new channel lineup. A few guys at work who have XM hate the new line-up and then most of the people I have spoken to on SyndicateRadio.tv (A Howard Stern Fansite/Internet Radio Station) who obviously have SIRIUS hate it as well.

I agree the Spa channel is almost as gay as OutQ (the gay & lesbian station) no offense to anyone. I also dont understand having 2 1940's stations I occationally like Sinatra Radio but that is only because I am a Guinea and required to, that station does not only play Sinatra and it calms me down when I am driving in the city listening to Metal and about to jam my F150 up the *** of some Prius that just cut me off. But 40's on 4 the other 1940's station, who listens to that?? I am guessing not too many people under 75 years old listen to that, and I dont think I know any senior citizen that is willing to pay $12.95 for radio.

The worst part is of this channel change from what I saw yesterday and people have been telling me is that they are playing the Radio Edited versions of songs on some of the Music Stations. WTF is up with that, what is stopping me from going to back to Terrestrial radio other than the commercials.

I understand that SIRIUS-XM is screwed financally right now and needed to merge the music stations to consolidate, but If they wanted to make everyone happy than merge EVERYTHING. I already pay $20 a month for 2 SIRIUS receivers, I am not paying a penny more. Why?? so I can get the same baseball broadcast I get on AM radio for free. If you ever listened to Sports on SIRIUS than you know that it is the EXACT broadcast that is going over AM complete with all the crummy background noise the only thing you dont get is the interference noise. The only reason sports packages are worth it to pay extra for is if you live outside of you teams broadcast area.

Last edited by F150RYDER2K8; 11-16-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM
a merger of all channels was my assuption...guess thats what i get for hoping...i have XM, and mainly listen to top 20, some rap channels, and a few rock channels and was hoping to get a new slew of channels but i guess ill have to wait...my iphone is taking over my music here latley. XM plays the same songs over and over seems like. Maybe we will get a full merger soon

Old 11-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Frmboybuck
Hey frmboy, how long did you have the sirius line up? I'm surprised to hear you say Howard sucks cause most times the show is funny as ****. Not all the time, some days are pretty lame, but for the most part it's a good show. WAY better than Opie and A**hole!!! Of course, you'd have to like Howard's brand of humor. I've been fortunate enough to have listened to xm through direct tv, and I can't say that I like it. Actually it sucks!! Sirius ROCKS!!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM
a merger of all channels was my assuption...guess thats what i get for hoping...i have XM, and mainly listen to top 20, some rap channels, and a few rock channels and was hoping to get a new slew of channels but i guess ill have to wait...my iphone is taking over my music here latley. XM plays the same songs over and over seems like. Maybe we will get a full merger soon
Nah Achap they merged the channels from XM and Sirius and basiclly which ever service had a better channel for that category stayed and the other channel was lost. That is why you still see some of the old XM or Sirius Channels. But their whole plan with this merger was start an Alacarte Service like premium channels on Cable TV. If you are a Sirius Subscriber you get Howard, PlayBoy, NFL, NBA, NASCAR & College Basketball. XM Subcribers can get these channels for a additional Fee is what is called the "Best of Sirius" Package.

XM Subscribers Get, NHL, O&A, Oprah and Friends and some other stuff that Sirius Subcribers can get for a additional fee in whats called the "Best of XM" package.

What we will probably see in the future is Tiered prices with Diffrenet Plans and Packages where if you dont want sports or Howard you dont have to pay for them.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I lost Boombox but get to keep Area, Alt Nation, and Lithium. Faction seemed good at first, but the more I listen, the more it sucks. I am very disappointed with the loss of Boombox though. I have Sirius in my 2008 F250 and my wife has it in her 2008 Edge. We signed up for another year in August. When next August rolls around, I am done with Sirius. Also, it really makes me angry that Sirius only has 130 channels and XM has 170 channels. Why do they get 40 more channels? Why not make the line ups match and be done with it? What a crock of you know what!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I am extremely pissed that they dropped 66 Raw from the XM lineup. I really loved that channel and my radio was tuned to it most of the day. All the other rap channels are simple "fruit snap wrap sh*t" stuff that is radio played to death. 66 Raw would bring in up and coming artist and uncensored street stuff that I always loved to hear. They replaced it with Eminems channel 45shady or whatever it is and now I hate it. My XM sales where honestly based off of 66 Raw. Once someone sat in my truck for a demo and I pumped 66 Raw through it my customers where like "what's that channel?" The new replacement is no different than the other channels 67 and 68 (Heat). Sh*t channels that I might as well listen to my local radio.

XM did bring in two channels that I loved on the Sirius side. Jamie Foxx FoxHole is a great comedy and R&B channel and I always liked the E Street Band channel.

How you guys like my spectrum of music? Dirty street level hardcore uncensored rap to easy listening E Street Band....lol I love it all. It seams that they also dropped the Cinema Channel on XM as well which occasionally I would tune into for some old Out of Africa music or something. I really do miss my 66 Raw though and MzKitty. Leo G "The General" has moved over to 67 but its kind of ironic due to the fact that he used to slam the other stations for playing music by his term "fruit snack rap sh*t" Guess you gotta suck it up if you need to make the money.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
I really do miss my 66 Raw though and MzKitty.
Same here, shade 45 or whatever just doesnt cut it

Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I've had XM for about 3yrs now and overall I was pleased. Mainly listened to 49 Top Tracks, 41 Boneyard, some of the channels in the 20's, 80's on 8 and 92 Aguila the Regional Mexican Music Channel. I am pretty p***** that they took off Ch 92 and moved it over to Ch 85 and combined it with Latin Pop and Spanish Oldies. That's like combining Pop, Country and Rap into one radio station. I called XM customer service and told them I was pretty mad about that and that I may end up cancelling my 2 subscriptions. After I got off the phone with them, I went to their web site and wrote them a letter telling them how I felt. I know they just merged and going through growing pains so more than likely I will give it some time to see if they bring back 92 before I cancell my service. I do like that XM now has Hair Nation and a couple of other channels 'cause I still like to head bang on a regular basis but I also do like listening to the regional Mexican music too.

If you guys aren't happy with some of the changes they made call Sirius/XM and let them know. If enough people call and complain they may bring back the channels you/we like. Remember even though they just merged, they are still struggling to make money. They definately won't make money if people are cancelling their subscriptions because they changed or took off channels that a lot of people liked. I will be calling them back again to b***h at them again. Chime in guys/gals, call them both!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Same here, shade 45 or whatever just doesnt cut it
Guess I'm back to making my own MP3s now so I can here the "real" stuff. Some 5th Ward Boyz, Pimp C, the list goes on. Stuff that Shade 45 won't even think about playing. All the XM/Sirius urban stations are simple payola stations that grind you down with the same songs over and over. That weak *** sh*t that I might as well tune into the local stations for.

I tuned into Shade 45 today. It's so dry and uneventful I find myself skipping right past it now. The DJs are simple, boring and the phone call-ins are just sorry. I've been done with Eminem for years and we gotta hear his stuff because of the station ID. There is a petition to bring 66 Raw back here: http://www.petitiononline.com/RAWRHYME/petition.html

Rumor has it that MzKitti will have her own show but no word on where or when it will be. I can only assume it will be on 67 along side of Leo G since they were a team since 2004.

I really appreciated MzKitti's Lockdown Lookout where people could call in and give a shout out to their friends or family that are in prison. It really hit home with an uncle who's been locked down for 23 years now. Every two years we pray for his release but they keep holding him back in. Got several old running buddies that are still struggling through the system as well. I've long since cleaned up my act, matured and flown right but the Lockdown Lookout part of the show was a great way to shoutyour love out..

Who can forget about "Slap a M-n-Fr Monday" and "Freaky Fridays"...lol Always some comedy in that. That channel was really in a league of it's own for anyone that truly loved the "real" hiphop underground street style of it.

There is a huge uproar in the XM urban community due to the removal of 65 The Rhyme and 66 Raw. I've been finding forum after forum of peoples complaints and XM cancellations due to it. If I didn't sell XM or Sirius and was a simple customer of them then I can easily see myself discontinuing my service and just loading my USB thumbdrives back up again and rolling without satellite.

Last edited by KCAutosound; 11-18-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mergers Weak