Recall Fire!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Recall Fire!!!

I had a 2000 F-150. On May 27, 2006 it burnt to a crisp. I parked it at work at 5:15a.m. When I returned to the warehouse at about 8:10a.m. it was engulfed in flames. The fire department said that it started either in the dash or at the back of the engine compartment. I had the cruise deactivated as soon as I heared of the recall (March 16,2005). Have any of you had this problem or know anyone who has. If so can you give me any advice or tips on how to handle it. I loved my ford truck. I want another ford truck, but am hesitant about buying that generation again. I can't afford a newer one what should I do? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Definitely sounds like the CC issue. That really sucks man. I don't have any specific advice but with the insurance money you could probably get into a new newer F150 for little money, especially with the gas costs right now.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
If you had the cruise control disconnected, then the fire wasn't related to the recall on the cruise control, the problem with the cruise control was a combination of a leaky sensor and constant voltage to the sensor regardless of whether or not the vehicle was running.

As to how you handle it, turn the claim over to your insurance company and hope for the best. From what your saying, I don't know that you would have any recourse against Ford without spending a lot of money on experts to determine what exactly caused the fire and whether or not it was something that Ford could or should be held liable for.

Class actions are getting completely out of control lately, lawyers are out there fishing for clients for the most ridiculous claims, and they aren't helping anyone do anything, they're just fattening their bank accounts.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Angry

TTT

My dad's 1995 F150 burnt to the ground this morning. Took out a truck parked next to it. Luckily the fire dept got there before the fire reched the gas tanks or his office would have burned down. Fire dept said it started around the CC module.

Anyone know who we can call at Ford to look into this? I'm sure they aren't going to cut us a check for the losses but its worth a try. Only thing I can find online is class action suits and I don't want to deal with that.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:06 PM
The problem is, the recall has been fairly well publicized, so the first thing Ford is going to ask is why you ignored the recall. The fact that you did is going to be a Ford lawyers dream in court.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by kretinus
The problem is, the recall has been fairly well publicized, so the first thing Ford is going to ask is why you ignored the recall. The fact that you did is going to be a Ford lawyers dream in court.
Never got a recall form, they are the original owners since new and have never moved/changed address. I got one for my 2002, neighbor got one for his 2001. I called Ford's special CC/fire info line and spoke to a guy there. He looked it up in the compuer. They didn't send a notice to people if the vehicle was more than 8 years old. A rep is coming to visit us next week and look into. I'll post up the outcome.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by 4wDakota
I called Ford's special CC/fire info line and spoke to a guy there. He looked it up in the compuer. They didn't send a notice to people if the vehicle was more than 8 years old. A rep is coming to visit us next week and look into. I'll post up the outcome.
That's interesting because my trucks a 95 and they sent me one.

Must be your insurance rep coming to total your truck, because Ford sure as hell isn't sending anyone near your truck at this point, that ain't how they operate.

BTW why don't you post Ford's special CC Hotline for us, be good info to have.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:17 PM
I had some time on my hands yesterday and took mine in for the CC recall...

Old 06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Exclamation

FYI:

Ford's special recall # is 1-888-222-2751

Old 06-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Just as an update. My parents got a standard letter from ford saying tough luck. The insurance agency cut them a check for ~$8,000. THe insurance agent said they have lots of people who never got notices and they are trying to get Ford to pay.

My parents are so pissed off I don't think they'll ever buy another Ford. Sucks to be Ford since that's all they've bought for the last 30 years.

My dad just bought a new GMC 1/2 ton crewcab fully loaded for $26K with TTL. It's a really nice truck and cheaper than what I paid for my Ford with less options.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by 4wDakota
Just as an update. My parents got a standard letter from ford saying tough luck. The insurance agency cut them a check for ~$8,000. THe insurance agent said they have lots of people who never got notices and they are trying to get Ford to pay.

My parents are so pissed off I don't think they'll ever buy another Ford. Sucks to be Ford since that's all they've bought for the last 30 years.

My dad just bought a new GMC 1/2 ton crewcab fully loaded for $26K with TTL. It's a really nice truck and cheaper than what I paid for my Ford with less options.
It's too bad your dad has given up on Ford. In all honesty it's not Ford's fault that his truck burnt, the recall was HUGELY publicized and he should have taken it in. The sad part is it wouldn't have cost him a dime to do so.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Suspended
ok Ford built a truck's with problem CC switchs, Ford recalled thease trucks, and any one on F-150 online, or checking out ford trucks on the web knows abought this problem, but when a recall is done, Ford has to contact the orginal owners, or run a lien/Registry check to contact the current owners of F-150'a effected.

Ford and thier dealers have the heart's in the bottom line, profit and deniel, It's is going to be interesting to hear abought problems in the 04+ F-150's in the next few years, Ford used to build great trucks, but loyality can be bought, don't give it away..

Old 07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Once the warranty runs out it is absolutely impossible for a manufacturer to keep track of the millions of vehicles they build. That's the purpose behind publicizing the recall, so the people that now own the affected trucks have the opportunity to bring them in to be fixed. Since 1995 Ford has build in the neighbourhood of 10-15 million F150's. There aren't records kept anywhere that would allow Ford to contact all those owners.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dad and I got the CC recall notices for our 97 F150s last year and neither of us are are the original owners of our 97s.Overall I'd say Ford has done a good job getting the recall notices out.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:50 PM
obviously there is also an assumption that every fire is now caused by the recall issue.

Quick Reply: Recall Fire!!!