Went to the Track

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by timmypstyle
not trying to be a jerk but how else can i get info on cars? its not like i can go to a dealership and ask if i can test drive 15 of their cars so i can get hard data to post on f150 online. only info you can get without driving it is hearsay and when you get info from 6 different places that have the same info, you tend to beleive it compared to one person saying its wrong because he has one, but cant even be straight to people about what car he has.
didn't take it that way, i read alot too. i just don't post anything on hearsay or was read against someone who has the exact thing. i used to read car & driver/ road &track just to learn about newer models.

i think its funny how you weren't responding and now back to it. just let it be. i got ya.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05crewzer
didn't take it that way, i read alot too. i just don't post anything on hearsay or was read against someone who has the exact thing. i used to read car & driver/ road &track just to learn about newer models.

i think its funny how you weren't responding and now back to it. just let it be. i got ya.
well now he is starting crap on other threads about this one. that is why i replied. i basically told him he was wrong and right at the same time but that he just explained what car he had wrong. thats pretty much all i did before he stopped taking his meds... but anyways, yes i read motor trend and car and driver also and i know they get 0-60 and 1/4 times that are off by a few tenths. maybe they have different standards of testing or whatever. i dont know. i mean, i understand what you are saying about that i cant trust everything i hear but it is years of hearing and reading and seeing usually. not just like i hear it today and post it an hour later.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey openclasspro, just wanted to tell you i am sorry for argueing. i have had some crap going on and when this came up, i guess i just found someone to unleash everything on. i did say on my 2nd post, to correct myself on my 1st post, that "if you have a 3.8L i am not calling you out". that meant that if you had the TTA, i believe you that you ran that time because of how different the cars are from car to car because of the turbo pressure differences. okay? it was just a misunderstanding that was turned into an arguement. i dont know if you just read the first post and not the 2nd or what...but ok, i believe you that you have a TTA and ran that time. sorry for the insults and such. just for the record, you dont have that car listed in your sig. you might wanna add it in there. and heck post pics, i wanna see it. i said before, i love firebirds and am an enthusiast. i would love to see any pics. did you have the decals applied or did you leave them off?
I would not mind still talking normal to you. just please dont bring up the arguement. i am past that and if you arent, then fine. but i wont reply if it is brought back up. just have normal conversations please. thank you.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Gnx

GNX had a lil more power, but the big add on was the rear suspension, it would raise the back of the car pushing the tires to the ground for better hookup.

Yeah I score a point, lol

Old 12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
no problem my friend, all is good,gnx also had different size tires and different wheels-2 points lol,

Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 PM
big of you timmy.

i would like to see pics also.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my brother is in to 3rd gens. i think he has one of the nicest 3rd gen I have ever seen. he has has it since it was new in 1989.
it is a 5.7 car and ran 14.7 stock. 13.8 with bolt ons, 12.5 with a 383 and currently has a s/c ls1 making over 500 hp to the rear wheels thru a 6 speed, with 6 piston baer brakes, mini tubed 9 inch ford.

the funny thing about the turbo vs regular car is that the tta was rated at a little more hp but was a lot faster. the firehawk was rated at 350 hp, faster that a tta stock but not night and day faster.

the buick gn was rated at 235 hp
the tta was 250hp and the gnx was rated at 300 hp

the 3rd gen firebird has a very low drag coefficient which also aided in the tta being faster than the gn.

i remember that gn were reported in magazines to run from 14.3 to 13.9
the tta was in the 14.0 to 13.5 range and the gnx was a 13.0 car.
i believe that there is a few convertible tta that is the rarest of those cars.
the slp 1992 firehawk are worth more espesially the last one made that was the only convertible. it sold new for $70k and is rumored to be worth between $150k to $175k.

i just spent a weekend at the trans am national and heard this stuff all weekend from guy that were and are original owners.

Quick Reply: Went to the Track