Pre-1997 Models

GGGGGGRRRRRRRR fixes

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GGGGGGRRRRRRRR fixes

I finally take the truck to the garage to have various things checked/fixed. It turns out the radial arm bushing I had replaced in February needs to be replaced again. I'll be spending the next few hours finding the receipt and at least bi@#$ at the manager of the place I had it originally done. Maybe I can get a few buck back or have them redo it for a reduced price. The O2 sensors are bad, fortunatly they are the easy ones to replace, just d234 that engine is hot. One quick question, does disconnecting the battery resets the battery? Oh yeah and the tires are bad, that was expected. New tire are waiting in the wings until these ones were shot. But all in all for the year and mileage it hasn't been too expensive.

Old 08-21-2002, 09:20 PM
Re: GGGGGGRRRRRRRR fixes

Originally posted by 1depd
I finally take the truck to the garage to have various things checked/fixed. It turns out the radial arm bushing I had replaced in February needs to be replaced again. I'll be spending the next few hours finding the receipt and at least bi@#$ at the manager of the place I had it originally done. Maybe I can get a few buck back or have them redo it for a reduced price. The O2 sensors are bad, fortunatly they are the easy ones to replace, just d234 that engine is hot. One quick question, does disconnecting the battery resets the battery? Oh yeah and the tires are bad, that was expected. New tire are waiting in the wings until these ones were shot. But all in all for the year and mileage it hasn't been too expensive.
Disconnecting the battery resets the computer, not the battery, lol

Old 08-21-2002, 10:46 PM
DOH!!! It's been a long day. One more question. The garage said "both the upstream and downstream sensors were bad." I looked at the exhaust and only see two right near the exhaust manifold. I checked the Chilton's and wouldn't you know it they only go to '95. So my question is: On a '96 4.9 l is there only the two near the engine and are they the same sensor?

Last edited by 1depd; 08-21-2002 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:41 AM
I'll check tomorrow on mine after work if someone doesn't answere it before hand...it's to dark right now.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:07 AM
There's another O2 sensor between the cats. The 2 on the manifold are the "upstream" sensor

Old 08-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Just like he said! I took a peek this morning...sad thing is I just realized I have 2 cats LOL had the thing for 2 yrs now(learn something new everyday)

Old 08-22-2002, 02:14 PM
That's not what I wanted to hear. Thanks, at least I can get these changed and start on the bushings.

Quick Reply: GGGGGGRRRRRRRR fixes