Pre-1997 Models

86'150 w/a blow by oil problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86'150 w/a blow by oil problem

I posted here maybe 30 days ago..can't find it . My 86 f150 had strarting problems and concensus was a cat related problem. Repair guy says it's
the distributer , I agreed..it's done. Stars nice ,drives nice...problem fixed.
I have blow by now..oil sprayed into engine area. I didn't nail him down on any specific part that might be replaced or repaired to stop the oil . He was busy and I'll try speaking with him on the land line.
Maybe some one out here can advise me on where or what to look at that might cause this oil condition..Thank you up front...for any direction.
1986 v8..302.4w.auto..about 80k..miles

Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First thing is to make sure the PCV system is operating properly. If it isn't, the pressure will make the oil come out where it isn't supposed to. Worst case is the piston rings are very worn allowing compression to get by and building up crankcase pressures.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RAY FROM L.I.
I posted here maybe 30 days ago..can't find it.
Click your username to the L and then click "Find all posts by..."
Originally Posted by RAY FROM L.I.
oil sprayed into engine area. I didn't nail him down on any specific part that might be replaced or repaired to stop the oil.
Can't you see where it's coming out? Unless blown by the fan or the truck moving thru the air, liquid leaks go down, so follow the wetness up & forward to the source.

Quick Reply: 86'150 w/a blow by oil problem