Pre-1997 Models

95 modifications

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 modifications

Ive had a 95 2wd, single cab with a 4.9l for a few years now and decided i got the money to try and get more power. Does anyone know of a realtively cheap way to boost the 145hp up higher? or would i be better off saving my money toward a more powerful truck in the future?

I was given this truck, so i cant complain, but everything is stock and it just doesnt have the oompf i desire.

little away from main topic, but does or has anyone know if its possible to fit subs in a single cab without getting cramped legs?

Old 09-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbo the sixxer and yes you can have subs with leg room. I have 2 P110D's

Old 09-09-2006, 03:41 AM
about what do the turbos run for a 4.9 six? and what gains can they give?

how far up ya gotta move your seat with that box?
I tried running 2 10's when i first got my truck and the box knocked my seat foward bout 3 inches, sadly they had to go not to long thereafter. Too bad the 95 aint like the newer models that can accomidate under the seat subs.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Check out www.fordsix.com

Adrianspeeder

Old 09-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Subs

I have 3 MTX 6000 10" subs behind my seat and actually have room left with the seat all the way back. The trick is Trigonometry. Pull the seat all the way back and make some measurements from the bottom of the seat and the top of the seat. Make your new box to fit these measurements and you are on your way. You will, however, have to put the subs all the way at the bottom of the box. It also helps if you find the shallowest speakers in your range. For the longest time I had twelve inch woofers and you can't really get a shallow one of those.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 PM
There's a lot of gains to be had with a 4.9 from headwork and/or a mild cam. The fuel system limits how much you can gain on peak power, but you can easily raise the entire torque band. All it takes is $$$, a die grinder and a competant machine shop. If you're willing to take on the fuel system and re-flash the PCM, you can get to some very big numbers.

Like Adrianspeder says, this has been beaten to death over on fordsix.com.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Trig?

Where do your calculations come into play? You build a wedge to fit the space, no rocket science there.

Trending Topics

Old 09-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Adrianspeder & StrangeRanger
Fordsix.com is just what i was looking for...im gonna do some readin around

Im willing to consider any mod that offers more hp and torque. Money is def and issue, but im hopin my diegrinder and mechanic father (whom doesnt support me modding my f150 i might add) can help offset that in some way. if all else fails, i got a second cousin with a performance machine shop but he prolly aint gonna be free

richhamn
id be interested in seeing a picture of your enclosure and subs, Ive never looked into using subs designed for tight spaces...i was stuck on the assumption that a good sub needed a large magnet and voice coil (hence a deeper/longer cone)...speaking of which, how do yours sound? do they hit pretty good?

Old 09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kretinus
Trig?

Where do your calculations come into play? You build a wedge to fit the space, no rocket science there.
I was thinking the same thing. But I call it Mathematics.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:22 PM
To find the angles.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by richhamn
To find the angles.
That's what they make sliding t-bevels and protractors for

Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Have fun trying to put that sliding protractor behind the seat. If you are really that worried with why I wrote trigonometry on ther it is because, as written in the Webster's dictionary, "the study of the properties of triangles and trigonometric functions and of their applications." I may be wrong, but I thing that a wedge contains a triangle.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Have fun trying to put that sliding protractor behind the seat.
Ummm dude ??? Chill, it's just a bit of fun, yeesh.

FYI, I said sliding t-bevel, if you don't know what one of those are, think of it as a square with a blade that slides and/or pivots. It will easily fit behind the seat of a full size pickup and works great for determining the angles needed for your box. You then use a protractor to "find" the angle you measured with the t-bevel, or you can use the bevel to scribe the angle directly onto your board for a cut line (I prefer to use the protractor and cut precise angles). A must have for any shop wood or metal.

If you are really that worried with why I wrote trigonometry on ther it is because, as written in the Webster's dictionary, "the study of the properties of triangles and trigonometric functions and of their applications." I may be wrong, but I thing that a wedge contains a triangle.
Yeah but what does it have to do with building a basic behind the seat "wedge" enclosure, you're making it sound way too difficult.

For the record "wedge" is a poor use of terms I suppose, it's what I've always called them. The profile will generally be a quadrilateral, or some polygon other than a triangle, a triangle would be poor design internally.