Hilary = Obama 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taxreliever
That's because his principles work......

Referencing the story above on the truck purchase.....2 years ago in 2013, I bought my King Ranch from a private sale.....it was an 06, booking at 28k and had only 26k miles on it....I offered him 20k cash and we finally negotiated 22k......while I don't drive much, the truck is still worth a decent amount and has only 30k miles on it and looks as new as it did when I first bought it....how much did he buy it for? He gave me the invoice when I bought it, along with the original paperwork and it was 55k....DANG!

But we also don't have a car payment and I can't tell you how many times (I heard it twice this past week in my office) people say, it's just a normal fact of life; having a car payment forever.......and both of them are driving new financed cars.....wow.....everyone in my family does it....

The other thing that frustrates me is that while my wife and I drive around nice respectable vehicles, no matter how many times I tell them that we don't finance cars, they all still assume we're making payments.....it's almost as if they can't fathom the thought of NOT having a car payment or paying for a car CASH.
That's awesome! You're buying cars like rich people buy them! The smart wealthy people buy cars with cash, and they usually wait a few years to get them for good deals. A lot of guys on this forum are financing basic 2015's for close to 40,000. They should just wait a couple years, save and pay cash for a fully loaded one with all the bells and whistles for half that. But in our gotta have it now society, a lot of people are plunged into debt because they need to get noticed driving the latest car. Don't even get me started on leases!!

Old 05-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk
My wife and I did Dave Ramsey and got ourselves out of debt. We teach a Dave Ramsey class at our church for families. It's an eye opener for sure! We had lot's of family problems due to poor finances. Our personnel finances were in shambles, but we got through it using Dave Ramsey's principles. Now we are debt free besides our house. If you need any advice, please pm me! We'd love to help in any way we can
This is great....I'm actually a Dave Ramsey ELP for taxes and my wife uses his FPU for her financial planning clients that have debt problems......it's amazing to see what debt does to families and even more amazing to see people get into it over and over again.

That's awesome! You're buying cars like rich people buy them! The smart wealthy people buy cars with cash, and they usually wait a few years to get them for good deals. A lot of guys on this forum are financing basic 2015's for close to 40,000. They should just wait a couple years, save and pay cash for a fully loaded one with all the bells and whistles for half that. But in our gotta have it now society, a lot of people are plunged into debt because they need to get noticed driving the latest car. Don't even get me started on leases!!
Haha...thanks and like you, I could get on a huge soap box about leases for sure!

Old 05-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I've seen customers that make 6 figures a month finance cars because they can make more money investing their money somewhere else instead of spending it.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Patman
I've seen customers that make 6 figures a month finance cars because they can make more money investing their money somewhere else instead of spending it.
They're still wasting their money by financing. By the end, they are paying way more than what its worth. Not all wealthy people pay cash for cars, but they definitely save in the long run. I see a lot of rich people leasing cars too, which is basically renting. Most of those leases don't end well, especially the lease to own. They may make 6 figures, but they could invest more in the long run if they paid cash.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry Pat! This is thread seems to have gone on a tangent! How did we get from Hilary Clinton to buying cars??

Getting back to Hilary: She won't get my vote, but the Democrats are definitely getting behind one candidate which isn't the case for the Republicans. The Democrats will sit back and let the Republicans tear each other to pieces. I think the Republicans really need to focus on one maybe two candidates and invest all their energies on them.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Leasing is just an expensive way to finance.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by Patman
There's a difference between a wealthy/rich person and a person who makes 6 figures......many clients I have that make 6 figures also have normal/annual/regular living expenses of 6 figures....meaning their net take home pay is less than some of my clients who are only making $30k a year.

True wealth is not determined by annual pay, but by your net worth and how long you're able to survive should your wages/income stop.

People making 6 figures don't finance cars, at 0% or 5% because they think they can make more by investing.....they finance cars (mostly) because they do not have the liquidity/cash to do it.

Cars, by ALL financial experts, are one of the worst (if not the worst) investments out there.......to the wealthy/rich (outside of those in that business), they are simply 1) transportation or 2) hobby/something to enjoy.

They're still wasting their money by financing. By the end, they are paying way more than what its worth. Not all wealthy people pay cash for cars, but they definitely save in the long run. I see a lot of rich people leasing cars too, which is basically renting. Most of those leases don't end well, especially the lease to own. They may make 6 figures, but they could invest more in the long run if they paid cash.
Pretty much.

I'm sorry Pat! This is thread seems to have gone on a tangent! How did we get from Hilary Clinton to buying cars??

Getting back to Hilary: She won't get my vote, but the Democrats are definitely getting behind one candidate which isn't the case for the Republicans. The Democrats will sit back and let the Republicans tear each other to pieces. I think the Republicans really need to focus on one maybe two candidates and invest all their energies on them.
I'm actually surprised the Dems don't have another GOOD candidate as an alternative to Hillary just because of the endless scandals she's continually associated with.......but I do agree that the Repub field is so big that all the negativity during the primaries will linger in the general presidential election and would be good if we can focus on one or two people.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Here this should help get the thread back on track

Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A few years back California had a recall of Gray Davis, the Governor, and rightly so. It spawned a field of candidates that only California could muster, with the likes of Gary (what's up Willis) Coleman and Ariana Huffington. There were also some very qualified people too, but they were lost in the media circus and we ended up with the Terminator........who was a real piece of work!

So I agree on narrowing the field early so we don't end up with another nose holder, like Jeb Bush.

As GOOFY as California is, there is a lesson to be learned here!

Quick Reply: Hilary = Obama 2.0?