I'm uninstalling Mozilla Firefox

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1depd
Not too mention IE doesn't work so well with Windows 8.x. It freezes and crashes more than it is up.
I've actually been having a good amount of issues with Firefox on Windows 8 and it's been pissing me off for months. I knew IE sucked, so I have used it since the first week I've had this laptop.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 PM
glc
Received 760 Likes on 704 Posts
That's because Windows 8 itself sucks, unless you have a touchscreen.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:01 PM

Agreed. I hate how they operate, but I'll probably be jumping ship to a Mac next go round. I'll deal with the changes and quirks in order to get something that actually works when I want it to.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Agreed. I hate how they operate, but I'll probably be jumping ship to a Mac next go round. I'll deal with the changes and quirks in order to get something that actually works when I want it to.
Good luck with that change........You will find that a LOT of programs you like or would like will not work with a Mac. That's the only reason I switched back to MS.......But not really happy with them either.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by far-trader
Normally I wouldn't weigh in on this but yeah, that's going too far.

It would be one thing IF he had used company money to make a political statement backing his beliefs in the name of the company, I'm presuming he didn't. There should have been no professional repercussions if it was a personal donation using his own money. The people behind the boycott should be embarrassed and ashamed of their bigotry and bullying, and the company should be blasted for not standing up to them and accepting his "resignation".

The pendulum has swung too far when a minority feels justified in practicing the same kind of intolerance and hatred they claim to be victims of against one person declaring their personal preference. They should be afraid of how far the same pendulum is going to swing back the further they push their way past a reasonable measure.
As a white guy from the south who isn't racist and also isn't homophobic I've noticed that the silent majority is constantly being trampled by the shouting minorities on either side of the isle. I agree with this post wholeheartedly.

Last edited by ole97; 04-13-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by glc
I work in IT for small gov't and do private work and couldn't stand it until we got a touch screen PC. Hopefully they will come out with something for business/gov't work.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
Good luck with that change........You will find that a LOT of programs you like or would like will not work with a Mac. That's the only reason I switched back to MS.......But not really happy with them either.
I really only need MS Office and the internet. I don't play games on it or use other programs that tend to work only on MS, but there are certainly programs out there.

It seems like my family has literally never had a good computer that I'd be able to classify as a "good purchase."

Old 04-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
I don't get all the hate for Windows 8. (unintentional rhyme) It was a little rough figuring out the changes to the settings from XP/Vista but otherwise I don't have issues with it. I am using a touchscreen but most of the time I am using the Windows 7 desktop. The latest update is supposed to allow for Windows 8 to be very close to 7. I have loaded it but haven't bothered to try it.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:06 PM

The biggest issue I've had is the "bad_pool_header" errors because the crappy MacAfee virus protection was integrated into Windows 8 in some way that by "removing" (I can't figure out how to 100% remove it) it and installing Kaspersky causes it to crash and restart for no reason. It hasn't done it recently, but did quite frequently until the updates have come out.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
The biggest issue I've had is the "bad_pool_header" errors because the crappy MacAfee virus protection was integrated into Windows 8 in some way that by "removing" (I can't figure out how to 100% remove it) it and installing Kaspersky causes it to crash and restart for no reason. It hasn't done it recently, but did quite frequently until the updates have come out.
Fairly easy to uninstall both, - you may need a little cleanup afterwords, but that's not bad. I would definitely NEVER have any of those on a Windows machine....that goes for Norton as well.

W/Windows 7 the most liked and I agree is MSE as well as good cleaning app/program.

For MAC, SnowLeapard 10.6 and above....nothing.

Quick Reply: I'm uninstalling Mozilla Firefox