I'm uninstalling Mozilla Firefox

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I'm uninstalling Mozilla Firefox

Looks like the CEO of Mozilla who had a hand in building the company was forced out due to a political contribution he made in 2008. Seems he donated $1000 to help get Prop 8 passed in CA banning gay marriages. The gay militants found out and raised such a stink that he was forced to resign. Of course in 2008 Obuma was against gay marriage too or rather that was one of astronomical number of lies he has told! I don't care if he was for or against but to be forced out as CEO because of a political donation made in 2008 is ridiculous.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That's complete BS. Firefox is what I'm using right now, might be time to switch over to Chrome . . .

I stand behind companies like Chick-fil-a and Discount Tire that treat their employees right, actually like people, and stand firm in their beliefs, regardless of what's "popular" at the time.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This really sucks, he built that company.

BTW prop 8 wasn't a ban on gay marriage, it was to define marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Why the knee-jerk reaction? The browser is free, you aren't supporting anything by using it.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Normally I wouldn't weigh in on this but yeah, that's going too far.

It would be one thing IF he had used company money to make a political statement backing his beliefs in the name of the company, I'm presuming he didn't. There should have been no professional repercussions if it was a personal donation using his own money. The people behind the boycott should be embarrassed and ashamed of their bigotry and bullying, and the company should be blasted for not standing up to them and accepting his "resignation".

The pendulum has swung too far when a minority feels justified in practicing the same kind of intolerance and hatred they claim to be victims of against one person declaring their personal preference. They should be afraid of how far the same pendulum is going to swing back the further they push their way past a reasonable measure.

Last edited by far-trader; 04-04-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 PM

^extremely well-stated

Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 AM
^ I just used a lot of words for pretty much what you summed up with two letters... BS

Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM

But yours sounded all fanciful and could git in the papers!

I'd like to print off copies of that and used it as replies to a LOT of things . . .

Old 04-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm getting the impression that I might be the only one who still uses Internet Explorer

Old 04-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
I'm getting the impression that I might be the only one who still uses Internet Explorer
I do.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:01 AM

Internet Explorer has become synonymous with viruses and poor Internet protection, etc. whatever computer crap

Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glc
Why the knee-jerk reaction? The browser is free, you aren't supporting anything by using it.
That is not the point. The point is that the staff at Mozilla did not support him. Typical for secular "progressives".......These people are a joke. They believe that they can "force people into thinking their way. Screw them all. I uninstalled Firefox last night. Many of my friends did also........If enough people do the same, it is possible that Firefox will become a non-issue and the morons that didn't support their own CEO, will have to flip burgers for a living.

I am not a God believer, but I am not against anyone who is, including the display of the Cross.
I believe the "alternative lifestyle" people have all of the same rights as anyone else, they just want more rights,,,,,,,screw them all..........

Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by far-trader
Normally I wouldn't weigh in on this but yeah, that's going too far.

It would be one thing IF he had used company money to make a political statement backing his beliefs in the name of the company, I'm presuming he didn't. There should have been no professional repercussions if it was a personal donation using his own money. The people behind the boycott should be embarrassed and ashamed of their bigotry and bullying, and the company should be blasted for not standing up to them and accepting his "resignation".

The pendulum has swung too far when a minority feels justified in practicing the same kind of intolerance and hatred they claim to be victims of against one person declaring their personal preference. They should be afraid of how far the same pendulum is going to swing back the further they push their way past a reasonable measure.
Well done........

His only "crime" was to donate to Prop. 8 in California. He never publicly announced his preference. Some HOMO PC dug up his name on Google and found out he gave $1,000 to support his beliefs and they lost their minds over it...........

Old 04-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Yet another example of a group/movement/class that puts forth the "you will like me and respect me and honor me, or else".

Hypocrisy permeates all. No winners. As for rights, alt lifestyle people already have more than this guy who follows Christ according the letter- not what you see on tv and news. But I accept that as one the world hates because it hated Him first.

It's all for naught anyway...nothing is getting better, man is a hopeless wretch.
<heavy sigh>

Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Internet Explorer has become synonymous with viruses and poor Internet protection, etc. whatever computer crap
Not too mention IE doesn't work so well with Windows 8.x. It freezes and crashes more than it is up.

Quick Reply: I'm uninstalling Mozilla Firefox