What is DSHS up to?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is DHS up to?

I wonder what DHS is up to considering they do not want to deal with illegal aliens and are releasing them from jails. Why do the then need 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammo and 2700 light armored vehicles. Just whose homeland are the securing?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...let-stockpile/

Last edited by kingfish51; 03-04-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's ridiculous they should be sending them overseas .... don't really see a need for them domestically not 2700 at least!

Sounds like they are preparing for a revolution

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I think the article says it well,

"for service on the streets of the United States."

Originally Posted by kingfish51
Just whose homeland are the securing?

BHO's obviously!

Doesn't it make you wonder when they have money to buy this much ammo and all these armored vehicles but don't have the money to built the fence to keep out the illegals? OR how about John Kerry and the US State department being able to GIVE 250 MILLION dollars to the Moslem Brotherhood in Egypt but yet Washington is furloughing federal workers and grounding USAF aircraft and keeping US Navy ships in harbor due to lack of money? Does anyone else smell a rat here?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BO is just driving up the price of ammo, it's a form of gun controll by supply and demand.

The vehicles are for the Brown Shirts!

Old 03-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the handful of us who post in this section know what they are up too. Fortunately for our government, most people don't.

I think we are going to see some dark days in our future. We've got a government stirring up the pot so that they can swoop in and save us from ourselves.

Not good.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
When you consider the ammo purchases are spread out over 5-6 years, and take into consideration the number of LE personnel in DH, the ammo purchases are reasonable. The MRAP I can only see being stationed on the southwest border. Any place else seems way out of line. From the sounds of the article these are military hand-me-downs. I didn't listen to the video, but the person on the opening frame is a Homeland Security Investigation agent (formerly call an ICE agent) who is also a "SWAT" team member. If this agency had a reputation of going after illegal immigrants then I could see the purchase of all of these MRAPs, but they don't so I am left to wonder what the heck they are doing.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I was talking about this to one of the guys at the Ambulance Corp and he said that they also bough 1,000,000 caskets! Yes, One MILLION

I'll have to do some digging

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by 1depd
When you consider the ammo purchases are spread out over 5-6 years, and take into consideration the number of LE personnel in DH, the ammo purchases are reasonable. The MRAP I can only see being stationed on the southwest border. Any place else seems way out of line. From the sounds of the article these are military hand-me-downs. I didn't listen to the video, but the person on the opening frame is a Homeland Security Investigation agent (formerly call an ICE agent) who is also a "SWAT" team member. If this agency had a reputation of going after illegal immigrants then I could see the purchase of all of these MRAPs, but they don't so I am left to wonder what the heck they are doing.
The purchase of the 1.6 billion rounds of pistol ammo was done over a period of 9 months. This does not include rifle ammo.
And this was done for 15,000 agents that require yearly qualifications. 100,000 rounds per agent. The total employees at DHS is 200,000. That sounds about right as even in the military, the rear echelon to front line is about 10 to 1.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2013/...un-ammunition/

Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
at the height of the iraq war, our troops were using approx.5.5 million rounds of ammo per month. 1.6 billion rounds of ammo couldve supplied the troops for 22 years. just sayin.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 AM
I've been reading up on a lot of this stuff lately and I'm truly scared. More of pissed too, I've only been an adult for a year now and have just barely started bein able to reap the benefits and this stuff happens. This is ridiculous, I don't know why we haven't taken a lot of people out of the government...

Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 AM
The purchase of the 1.6 billion rounds of pistol ammo was done over a period of 9 months. This does not include rifle ammo.
And this was done for 15,000 agents that require yearly qualifications. 100,000 rounds per agent. The total employees at DHS is 200,000. That sounds about right as even in the military, the rear echelon to front line is about 10 to 1.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2013/...un-ammunition/
You are way off on your numbers. There are between 40-50k armed LE officers just in Border Patrol and Customs and Border Protection (actually CBP's Office of Field Operations). CBP is on the same level as the Air Force, Army, or Navy. They fall directly under the Secretary. There are an additional 40,000-50,000 ICE agents (essentially investigators), CBP Air and Marine units, Immigration Enforcements Agents (essentially correction officers), Secret Service agents, Federal Air Marshals, Internal Affairs for each agency under the Secretary (investigate misconduct), all agencies within DHS have an Inspector Generals office (Investigate Fraud), Coast Guard (all get firearms qualified). A couple weeks ago I actually went through the included agencies' websites and discovered there were approximately 90-100k employees that must undergo firearms training/qualification quarterly, not including the USCG. At the quarterly training/qualifications an officer/agent will shoot as few as 250 rounds or as many as 600 rounds depending on agency. This does not include firearms instructor training, which is heavy on shooting and light on classroom presentation skills. In addition to basic LE training/qualification each agency has their version of a SWAT team that requires much more ammo to train and remain proficient.

Under DHS is the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. They train all DHS LE officers (with the exception of the Coasties), Bureau of Prisons, US Marshals, Air Force OSI, Park Police, National Forest Rangers, local and international LE personnel. I'm sure there's more, I don't remember, but the point is they train a lot of people. Federal agencies not under DHS do reimburse the FLETC for the ammo, but DHS has to purchase those rounds out of pocket. For a basic LE student to be fully trained in firearms they must shoot as few as 4k rounds or as many as 6k rounds depending on their skill and whether they passed qualification the first try.

Last edited by 1depd; 03-07-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by 1depd
You are way off on your numbers. There are between 40-50k armed LE officers just in Border Patrol and Customs and Border Protection (actually CBP's Office of Field Operations). CBP is on the same level as the Air Force, Army, or Navy. They fall directly under the Secretary. There are an additional 40,000-50,000 ICE agents (essentially investigators), CBP Air and Marine units, Immigration Enforcements Agents (essentially correction officers), Secret Service agents, Federal Air Marshals, Internal Affairs for each agency under the Secretary (investigate misconduct), all agencies within DHS have an Inspector Generals office (Investigate Fraud), Coast Guard (all get firearms qualified). A couple weeks ago I actually went through the included agencies' websites and discovered there were approximately 90-100k employees that must undergo firearms training/qualification quarterly, not including the USCG. At the quarterly training/qualifications an officer/agent will shoot as few as 250 rounds or as many as 600 rounds depending on agency. This does not include firearms instructor training, which is heavy on shooting and light on classroom presentation skills. In addition to basic LE training/qualification each agency has their version of a SWAT team that requires much more ammo to train and remain proficient.

Under DHS is the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. They train all DHS LE officers (with the exception of the Coasties), Bureau of Prisons, US Marshals, Air Force OSI, Park Police, National Forest Rangers, local and international LE personnel. I'm sure there's more, I don't remember, but the point is they train a lot of people. Federal agencies not under DHS do reimburse the FLETC for the ammo, but DHS has to purchase those rounds out of pocket. For a basic LE student to be fully trained in firearms they must shoot as few as 4k rounds or as many as 6k rounds depending on their skill and whether they passed qualification the first try.
And your numbers are more than double the real numbers. CBP agents are 21300. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...02012013_3.xml

ICE has a total of 20,000 employees, not all will be armed.
http://www.ice.gov/about/overview/

So much for going through their web sites.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM
So is is quarterly or annual qualification for these armed federal personnel?

Quarterly seems excessive to me. I'd rather they be out catching bad guys then spending so much time at the firing range.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
So is is quarterly or annual qualification for these armed federal personnel?

Quarterly seems excessive to me. I'd rather they be out catching bad guys then spending so much time at the firing range.
My bet is they have quarterly training, but only for a certain percentage of the forces. And I am sure the Coast Guard does not have that kind of requirements as the only time they would be carrying is when they board other boats/ships. The rest of their firing would be with .50 cal or larger. Coast Guard only has 43,000 personnel and many would be on shore. As for other agencies, the Secret Service only has 1300 officers. All other agencies should not be armed. Agencies like FEMA.

Last edited by kingfish51; 03-07-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 PM
And your numbers are more than double the real numbers. CBP agents are 21300. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...02012013_3.xml

ICE has a total of 20,000 employees, not all will be armed.
http://www.ice.gov/about/overview/

So much for going through their web sites.
First there is no such job as a CBP Agent. The article you have posted states Border Patrol Agent. They do number around 21000. Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) is a completely different job classification. There are roughly 25000 CBPOs. They are armed and they are full LE officers. ICE has roughly 6700 agents, and roughly the same (if I recall correctly) Immigration Enforcement Agents. FLETC uses approximately 15 million rounds per year for training.

My bet is they have quarterly training, but only for a certain percentage of the forces. And I am sure the Coast Guard does not have that kind of requirements as the only time they would be carrying is when they board other boats/ships. The rest of their firing would be with .50 cal or larger. Coast Guard only has 43,000 personnel and many would be on shore. As for other agencies, the Secret Service only has 1300 officers. All other agencies should not be armed. Agencies like FEMA.
The only people who receive quarterly training and qualification are the LE officers. ALL LE officers receive quarterly training/qualification. If you re-read my last post you will see I said the Coasties didn't qualify quarterly. You do realize Internal Affairs, Inspector General, Air and Marine units and the Federal Air Marshals are full LE officers, right? To make any of these officers/agents work unarmed would not be a good thing. Also that 1300 number you cite is for the Uniformed Division of the US Secret Service. It does not include the Special Agents you see protecting the POTUS or investigating currency crimes.

Last edited by 1depd; 03-07-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: What is DSHS up to?