Dcotor Shortage

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
I don't think you can place the blame on the mules/donkeys/jackazzes (pick'yer poison). They haven't helped the situation, but then again the pachyderms weren't providing much help either.
My geezer father and I have had this discussion. I really don't think it is any business of the government. What will happen if the free market is allowed to run its course is the prices will go up so high that fewer people can afford health care and it will no longer be a viable business. At that point prices will start to come back down to reasonable. The problem we have is that when the prices started to go up people started complaining to the government to do something. They did and as usual they screwed it up.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 1depd
My geezer father and I have had this discussion. I really don't think it is any business of the government. What will happen if the free market is allowed to run its course is the prices will go up so high that fewer people can afford health care and it will no longer be a viable business. At that point prices will start to come back down to reasonable. The problem we have is that when the prices started to go up people started complaining to the government to do something. They did and as usual they screwed it up.
I certainly don't disagree with the free market principal you've expressed. My issue would be those caught without available healthy care while the pendulum swings back in the other direction to correct pricing. It could be a generation or more without health care. Things like that don't happen over night.

The gov. has had it's fingers in the pie long enough to really screw it up, but now is no time to walk away from it and let the water seek it's own level.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What has happened to the costs of college tuition due to govt student loans is what is going to happen to the costs of healthcare due to Obamacare.

http://mises.org/daily/5533

If the govt had stayed out of the student loan business, it would be MUCH less expensive to go to college.

Last edited by Frank S; 06-08-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by serotta
Guys, this has been coming down the pike since way before Obamanation.

All the physicians in our family have been hunkering down for several years with the rising cost of insurance, the advent of big conglomerates taking over hospitalization, etc., etc.

I don't think you can place the blame on the mules/donkeys/jackazzes (pick'yer poison). They haven't helped the situation, but then again the pachyderms weren't providing much help either.
The problem is that right now we have not even seen the full effect of Obamacare on not only our healthcare system, but on the economy as a whole.

Buyer's remorse? Yeah, it's coming a few short years after its fully implemented next year.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Frank S
The problem is that right now we have not even seen the full effect of Obamacare on not only our healthcare system, but on the economy as a whole.

Buyer's remorse? Yeah, it's coming a few short years after its fully implemented next year.
I thought it was interesting that the law implementing Obamacare had an amendment in it requiring the Legislative branch to only purchase plans developed after Obamacare was implemented. It goes further saying that the critters and their staff must either purchase health insurance from the exchanges or on the private market. Many democrats are losing their aides because of the cost of Obamacare. They are attempting to repeal the amendment or have OPM issue rules where the government has to pay for it. I find it rather ironic that these idiots passed the law and are now complaining that it is so expensive that they can't afford it, while at the same time making the rest of the US population keep. If it is too bad for Congress, then it is not good enough for the rest of the US.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...des-90610.html

Old 06-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^Typical solution for congress though. If it affects them badly, then just exclude themselves. SCREW THE PEOPLE, FULL SPEED AHEAD.......WE ARE THE RULING CLASS!!!

Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
^^^Typical solution for congress though. If it affects them badly, then just exclude themselves. SCREW THE PEOPLE, FULL SPEED AHEAD.......WE ARE THE RULING CLASS!!!
Yup. It needs to get out that Congress is doing this. When/If the amendment is repealed those in Congress who voted for the repeal, need to hear about the outrage and feel it next election. If it is too expensive for the Congress critters and their employees it is too expensive for the population.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:53 AM
This isn't a doctor shortage, but it is a shortage of full time jobs. It looks like one of the uninteneded consequences of Obamacare is starting to play out.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...-plunge-240000

Quick Reply: Dcotor Shortage