The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

New Rigid Mini lights for Polaris Ranger HD

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink New Rigid Mini lights for Polaris Ranger HD

When I bought the Ranger I had a set of the Rigid Dually Spot lights mounted on top of the cab, and a set of the Amber D2 Driving lights mounted on the front brush guard. The first hunting season I used it, 2012, the Spot lights were great. Reached a good ways and really lit up what they were on. But I was a bit disappointed with the Amber D2's. The amber was great in foul weather, and they had a good spread in front of the Ranger, but they didn't reach very far. So last summer I bought a set of the E series 6" Combo lights. I removed the amber D2's and mounted these. Yea Baby! Now I was lighting up the woods in front of me. But, When driving around the mountain road at night I couldn't see to the side. It was a little shaky if I was getting up any speed and coming up on a curve. So, I just bought a set of SR-M2 Mini driving lights. I made a pair of brackets out of some 2" wide, 3/16" thick aluminum billet plate. I drilled holes into the front of the cab on each side and mounted them with a bead of clear silicone. Now I need to wire them up and mount the switch. I'm anxious to try them now. Just for kicks and giggles, I may mount the amber D2's in this position and see how they do for a few rides, but I don't expect them to give me the light I need.

The SR-M2 Mini LED driving lights

The Amber D2 Driving lights:

Last edited by Scarlet; 05-31-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: New Rigid Mini lights for Polaris Ranger HD