The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Harbor freight BADLANDS winches

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phattacorider
So have you chosen on a winch yet?????

I only ask because I bought my Engo E12000 winch some time ago and only recently installed it. I took it to a nearby area to test the pull and it drug my tires on the road. Of course it's inexpensive and the instructions didn't say what the duty cycle is for the motor so this will only be run only a few seconds at a time for only a couple of minutes at most. Higher end winches are capable of running almost constantly without burning the motor up. But if all you're looking for is something to get you out of stuck situations, I will personally say that I'm impressed with my Engo, especially because I didn't spend any more than about $450 for it. A synthetic line is in my plans for the future, but for now the steel line will do. A good rule of thumb is to get a winch rated for 1.5x your truck's GVWR.
I dont know if you have read that article on them or not. They torture tested several winches with multiple pulls. THey basically did what most offroaders would never end up doing with there winches and the only two that survived was Warn and the Engo. the only reason they thought ENGO didnt get first place in the testing was because of the name brand thing.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
I dont know if you have read that article on them or not. They torture tested several winches with multiple pulls. THey basically did what most offroaders would never end up doing with there winches and the only two that survived was Warn and the Engo. the only reason they thought ENGO didnt get first place in the testing was because of the name brand thing.
That may have been a comparison that I have yet to see. I did check out this one though...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...t/viewall.html

And this one did sell me on the product. I guess I couldn't imagine a "cheap" device to operate so heavily, considering you get what you pay for, and I've seen a lot of different types and sizes of electric motors burn up from over-use that weren't meant to be used so long.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
So have you chosen on a winch yet?????

I only ask because I bought my Engo E12000 winch some time ago and only recently installed it. I took it to a nearby area to test the pull and it drug my tires on the road. Of course it's inexpensive and the instructions didn't say what the duty cycle is for the motor so this will only be run only a few seconds at a time for only a couple of minutes at most. Higher end winches are capable of running almost constantly without burning the motor up. But if all you're looking for is something to get you out of stuck situations, I will personally say that I'm impressed with my Engo, especially because I didn't spend any more than about $450 for it. A synthetic line is in my plans for the future, but for now the steel line will do. A good rule of thumb is to get a winch rated for 1.5x your truck's GVWR.
I decided a solid axle swap should come first .....which takes time and money lol, winch will be coming eventually, I will most likely be going with the same winch, I want a 12xxx lber for sure

Old 07-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I had never heard of Engo before this. I'm thinking about getting a winch, and that looks like a good deal. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That may have been a comparison that I have yet to see. I did check out this one though...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...t/viewall.html

And this one did sell me on the product. I guess I couldn't imagine a "cheap" device to operate so heavily, considering you get what you pay for, and I've seen a lot of different types and sizes of electric motors burn up from over-use that weren't meant to be used so long.
What blows me away is that the Warn 8.5xp and the Engo E9000 are the only two winches that survive the testing. How is it that the Engo E9000 only earned a 4th place spot? I don't care how well the others performed while they worked, if they fail to work in a critical situation, they don't perform at all in my book...

I have been talking to some of the guys in the 4x4 club, and a hunting buddy of mine. That Engo E9000 does indeed look like a real winner at a reasonable price. I went ahead and ordered mine, and am anxious to get it in, and installed!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the engo should have won that test, but they dont pay for advertising like Warn does

Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by dbhost
What blows me away is that the Warn 8.5xp and the Engo E9000 are the only two winches that survive the testing. How is it that the Engo E9000 only earned a 4th place spot? I don't care how well the others performed while they worked, if they fail to work in a critical situation, they don't perform at all in my book...

I have been talking to some of the guys in the 4x4 club, and a hunting buddy of mine. That Engo E9000 does indeed look like a real winner at a reasonable price. I went ahead and ordered mine, and am anxious to get it in, and installed!
Ive been playing with mine for a while and personally, i love it. I have the E12000 and it has survived a flood and mud. I havent been stuck yet but i do pull myself up steep hills and it hasnt failed. You do get what you pay for, except with this. You get far more bang for your buck.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 PM
JMC

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It will take a while for new companies to convince the users that their product is reliable. My Warn has been on the front of my trucks since 1997. 15 years.
Please don't expect me to purchace a cheaper brand.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by rclark12
Any one have one? any experience with em? I want to pick up the 12000 pound one its 400 bucks and 50 for the receiver hitch piece to mount it on.
Friend of mine has an off brand and its always done the job

Thanks guys
action shots of using some winches would be fine to I never mind seeing people stuckn
With spending plan pressed all things considered, and the incredible surveys of the Engo E9000, which is about the limit high water sign of most F150 winch mounts it appears, I chose to discover an Engo E9000 winch. 4wheelonline.com has a vulgarly low deal cost on this thing at the present time, $269.99 with free Shipping to the Continental 48... Not decrepit by any stretch of the imagination. I felt free to pull the trigger on it before intuition...

Quick Reply: Harbor freight BADLANDS winches