The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Project Survival Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stopped taking you seriously after I said you were not going to go with 4wd. That in my mind is just pointless to put all that money into a truck for survival and what happens when you want to get away up north cause the south is all f&*^ed up and theres 2 feet of snow in your path???? what are you going to do then?? go with 4wd. Yes it is just something that can break but its worth the hassel I think

Old 12-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I have a funny feeling

Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
All I can do is laugh.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Also if you get go with 4wd you can get mattracks and go anywhere you ever wanted... and yes i kno bad on gas but thats what gas cans are for

Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by thesnowman269
I stopped taking you seriously after I said you were not going to go with 4wd. That in my mind is just pointless to put all that money into a truck for survival and what happens when you want to get away up north cause the south is all f&*^ed up and theres 2 feet of snow in your path???? what are you going to do then?? go with 4wd. Yes it is just something that can break but its worth the hassel I think
i don't think it's worth the hassle.

so, why should i take you seriously? what are you, the offroad police? you get to decide who's ideas are valid and who's aren't? are you a democrat?

Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 PM
thanks tylus - darn good suggestions.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
looney

Originally Posted by AAK625
This is the most awesome thread ever. Whether you're a looney or not is irrelevant.
great post, thanks. i appreciate your comments. as for some of you (and you know who you are), did you catch his opening remark?

i'm a looney, all right. all those uncouth illbehaved mocking put down artists who were obviously raised by illbred mothers that didn't know enough to teach them common courtesy should remember that.

Did you catch the post about the black helicopters? hehehe... i know where you people live.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Joethefordguy
thanks tylus - darn good suggestions.
Well I am on his ignore list but oh well. Dude, you should take some of these guys advice including mine. I would wager that less than 5 people on this site if there is anyone at all that wheels more than me. I mud, crawl, and occasionally dune. I know my ****. You need to dump that F150 and get something capable.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Joethefordguy
i don't think it's worth the hassle.

so, why should i take you seriously? what are you, the offroad police? you get to decide who's ideas are valid and who's aren't? are you a democrat?
yes actually I am the offroad police j/k no I am not but I dont see the point in investing alot of money into something that will not get you where you mite want to go. Say perhaps you want to get to the top of a mountain because of global warming and everywhere is flooded. How is 2wd going to handle the steep terrain of a mountain? or When was the last time you saw a 2wd truck go through a mud pit and not get stuck? If you want to do that in 2wd you are going to need speed and with that added speed you are going to be adding alot of stress on other parts of your truck cuasing them to fail. I understand you have alot of offroad experience but I just dont think 2wd is going to get you where you want to go. Now dont go hating me for my opinion you asked for are opinions in your origonal post and I gave it to you. this is just my 2 cents whether you take it or not.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by One Shot Luni
All I can do is laugh.
doesn't that annoy your wife?

Old 12-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I have a funny feeling

Wow! TMI!! you better get to a doctor before your wife "...gets a funny feeling".

Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 AM
Fair enough.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:22 AM
What the hell is going on?

Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
amazing how all the forum jackals can really scent the blood and come in here
Originally Posted by tequilajohnson
That is all good except if he doesn't do a SAS, it is pointless. IFS will not hold up. period. What you told him will work until he gets to anything more than a muddy field.
Ford has been running IFS since 1980...or was it 1982? anyways, here we are with almost 20 years since they intro'd the TTB setup

the IFS is plenty strong for the type of vehicle the OP is wanting. 35-37" tires aren't a problem, and will allow a truck to get in/out of moderate 4x4 action without any fear of breakage.

the only reason to go with a SAS is if the truck will see nothing but hardcore duty....or just for bragging rights. You know, the cool factor if the truck is a street queen

Old 12-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Haha, I thought the jackal comment was pretty funny...and I guess being humble went out the window within the first 2 pages of this thing...

Quick Reply: Project Survival Truck