The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Pulled a jeep out of the ditch

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanch Glenn

By the way, not all Jeep drivers had their rigs bought by Daddy only to be stuck in a ditch.
Very true.... the others couldn't make it toooooo the ditch !!

You know what they say, 98% of all Jeeps are still on the road

Only 2% actually made it home !!

Suzuki's: We squeeze through **** yall can't climb over !

Old 06-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
suzuki = excuse to flop on hills.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
suzuki = excuse to flop on hills.

I'm on the 2nd Zuk, and got the body damage to prove that one !!

Jeep: Just like a Tampon, Every ***** has one !

"Ya, ya, ya, I got your 'Jeep Thing'

Now it burns when I pee... "

Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 PM
im sticking with the trusty 89-92/93 rangers. pretty stout midsize truck with a 4.0 powerplant.

i want to see if i can break jeeps with my truck. i heard about one nosing into a trail, shoved the axle back and driveline through the transfer case.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Klitch
im sticking with the trusty 89-92/93 rangers. pretty stout midsize truck with a 4.0 powerplant.

i want to see if i can break jeeps with my truck. i heard about one nosing into a trail, shoved the axle back and driveline through the transfer case.
i had a 88 bronco ii on 35's and i preferred that to my buddys jeep!

Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Here ya go Klitch:
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...kraines018.jpg

Pretty decent Ranger. Dual Cases with one case 4.7 (i think) :1 Air shocks up front with a 3 link+panhard. Rear still spring over... he's workin on linkin it up as well. SOmething around 5.29's in the dif. The thing is BAD.

a decent Heep: D60's f/r locked f/r Dana 300 case.
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...kraines009.jpg

And a Heep doin what they do best ! Get STUCK !
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...nkraines18.jpg

Impact: I think this thread has been officially hijacked ! Sorry man! :o

(stole these pic outta Madmax's gallery. Last trip we all went on)

Last edited by MercedesTech; 06-10-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
dude B2's are AWESOME. get rid of that carb, go EFI and you've got a formidible lil machine.

thats a thought maybe ill steal my bro's B2 even though its for sale...

Old 06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
ive seen 5.13's in the d35 and 8.8... but it looks like he's done away with those and gone for some fullsize stuff. i wonder if thats a d60 rear?

that truck would rock if it was a short wheel base.
btw, that last shot of the stuck jeep is priceless. the fat guys like "how the ******* are u so stupid to approach it like that?"

speaking of winch's again, how much would it benefit to have a nasty alternator with 2 dedicated batteries for the accessories?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Ya, that fat guy was ME !!! And you nailed it ! I was like WTF !?!?!? All I had there with me was my Zuk... and it didn't stand a chance at yankin that heep up and out !

I know the Ranger went full size.... I wana say 60 rear and 50 upfront but not sure. He was in Peterson's mag for the July issue, in reader's rigs.

Whatcha mean by "nasty" alt ? Like chitty ? Clogged up ? or some kind of draw comin outta it ? Or all the above ?

Go optima and you'd be golden ! Although, i think two dedicated batteries + normal battery might be overkill. How many other accessories ya runnin ?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
On the winch and lighting i plan on running a separate battery for those, I have the battery and all the wires im just thinking of a place to mount it!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
LOL i thought about that after i wrote it, i bet thats him... i wonder how pissed someone would be if my truck could rip their front end off and drag the rest of the heap with me? im itchin to try it.

easiest to obtain for the front is a d44, which it may very well be.

the alty, i meant high output, i remember seeing something around 200-220 amp output alty for our trucks. i planned on 2 dedicated batteries for the accessories to include a very mild speaker system, winch, lights (less than impact) lol

Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
On the winch and lighting i plan on running a separate battery for those, I have the battery and all the wires im just thinking of a place to mount it!
i had the perfect, highly involved idea for this!

most people with oversized tires remove their stock spare - does them no good!

fill that void with a box for tools/ accessories, or in your case batteries with a box that could crank up and down. so you'd utilize the space, make it practical to work on, and utilize a crank mechanism.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
^^ thats actually a pretty good idea ! I like the idea of a box. Maybe I can fab up something where I can get into it from the top, through the bed (almost like a truck trunk)

Ya, they make HO ALts for our trucks. That would be perfect for ya. Plus dual batts and I don't think you'd have much of a problem at all.

Klitch: See, with that attitude you'd fit right in with our local crew. If you ripped off something on our trucks, we'd only ask that SOMEONE caught it on video ! We don't baby our rigs in the least bit. If you don't roll all the way over on a weekend trip, then you were driving like a ..... Jeep owner ! In Fact, a nissan that was with us pulled up to try first on that stuck Jeep. Backed up, hooked it all up, went to do a ****** and POW, rear bumper left on the ground ! Its was cuz of his **** welds and forgetting to follow up half of em (one half still just tacked in place !) That ranger ended up destroying his winch later that day when he was forced to pull that big ole Jeep wrangler up some gnarly rocks and some steep hills. Good times. I'll see if I can get some pics up of my zuk later.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Klitch: See, with that attitude you'd fit right in with our local crew. If you ripped off something on our trucks, we'd only ask that SOMEONE caught it on video ! We don't baby our rigs in the least bit. If you don't roll all the way over on a weekend trip, then you were driving like a ..... Jeep owner ! In Fact, a nissan that was with us pulled up to try first on that stuck Jeep. Backed up, hooked it all up, went to do a ****** and POW, rear bumper left on the ground ! Its was cuz of his **** welds and forgetting to follow up half of em (one half still just tacked in place !) That ranger ended up destroying his winch later that day when he was forced to pull that big ole Jeep wrangler up some gnarly rocks and some steep hills. Good times. I'll see if I can get some pics up of my zuk later.
That was pretty funny when his bumper popped right off. You forgot to mention that you nearly destroyed your clutch trying to pull it out with your Sami.

That ranger that pulled Chris out, was his winch really that f'ed up after that? it didn't seem like it. What a badass rig though. I want one.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Ya, his cable all spooled to one side, which jammed it up and frayed the cable. Once it jammed up.... the motor got hot. Not sure if he fried it. He seemed to think it would be fine, but even if the motor was done for, it woulda been a pretty easy fix. Just helped a buddy do it on his milemarker (YJ Heep). Not sure if other models would be that much more complicated.

Aw the clutch was fine !! :o

Actually, it wasn't burned up that bad! Although, I did roast it pretty good there. Shoulda come up to cow the last trip ! Got myself stuck like chuck ! It was a good one. Thats where I really burned up the clutch. People from up quite a ways came down to see what was going on !

Hope ya can make it up with us in July ! There is plenty more done to the Zuk ! (new tires, new gears, new locker, new skids, etc etc etc ** oh, and same sweet *** roll bar !! hahahaha)

Quick Reply: Pulled a jeep out of the ditch