The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

19.5x54x17/20 Boggers Coming Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
19.5x54x17/20 Boggers Coming Out

Had to search for this pic, from right to left these are my estimations.
54" Bogger, 49" Irok, 46" TSL/LTB, 44" bogger. Correct me if wrong.

I've heard in the range of $650/tire.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats the idea here, you wanna know how much they cost or somthing. with a truck like yours you should know that things damn nice.

but seriously interco tire corp. thats who makes thats who can tell ya good luck.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 82ndABN_13FOX
whats the idea here, you wanna know how much they cost or somthing. with a truck like yours you should know that things damn nice.

but seriously interco tire corp. thats who makes thats who can tell ya good luck.
I have no idea what you said. I am just announcing their coming. I found the actual site, the tire to the right of the first tire is actually a 47" LTB. Going to need some 5ton rocks to churn those tires in the muck, not to mention the given big block.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Josiah when are planning to put them on... I can see them a new F250 already.

A few of us had a tread going a few days ago over in the wheels, tires & brakes forums:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255056

I though I read on some where they were around $700 to $800 each...

Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 AM
good god.. whats the idea of running that big a tire?

40s would be my max....

how would you climb in a truck that tall?

Old 10-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by torturekilla
good god.. whats the idea of running that big a tire?

40s would be my max....

how would you climb in a truck that tall?

Exactly, they have very little practical purpose on either a street driven truck or a purpose built wheeler. The only place that might use something like that is in just flat mud bogging. On any kind of vehicle that would be in offcambur situations, or something that just has to turn they are useless. Basically a show truck tire like the Thornbirds.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Exactly, they have very little practical purpose on either a street driven truck or a purpose built wheeler. The only place that might use something like that is in just flat mud bogging. On any kind of vehicle that would be in offcambur situations, or something that just has to turn they are useless. Basically a show truck tire like the Thornbirds.
I would agree that to put the 54's to use it would have to be a purpose built rig. BUt I wouldnt compare the bogger to the thornbird. The thornbirds are useless in every tpe of terrain.

Trending Topics

Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Trooks2001
I would agree that to put the 54's to use it would have to be a purpose built rig. BUt I wouldnt compare the bogger to the thornbird. The thornbirds are useless in every tpe of terrain.

I guess you misread my post. With the exception of just a rednecked out mud whomper, they're useless. Even a purpose built truck would have little to no use for them. How often do you ever see tires over 44s on any kind of trail truck or even on rock buggies? Most stay with 44s or under for good reasons.

And yes, I most definetly compare a 54" bogger to a Thornbird. Both are for the most part completely useless and will be sold as show truck tires that won't ever see anything but armor all. Tread don't mean **** if its on a useless size.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by powerstroke73
I guess you misread my post. With the exception of just a rednecked out mud whomper, they're useless. Even a purpose built truck would have little to no use for them. How often do you ever see tires over 44s on any kind of trail truck or even on rock buggies? Most stay with 44s or under for good reasons.

And yes, I most definetly compare a 54" bogger to a Thornbird. Both are for the most part completely useless and will be sold as show truck tires that won't ever see anything but armor all. Tread don't mean **** if its on a useless size.
trucksgonewild.com.

You better believe I'll be building one one day. I read up a lot on these setups and would like to tackle my own build one day. Bogs can be quite fun with the right rigs. These are aimed at the bogging community, hence the name bogger. Imo there are better tires at this size for the purpose, these are a bit skinny. It beats most terra's out there however.

And dj, if I had the money to put this on rocks you'd better believe I would Thanks for the link dj.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:03 PM
IMO a purpose built rig could be built strictly for mud. Where I'm located that is all there is for us. No desert, no rocks, just mud. What I was trying to say was that the Bogger does have a purpose...MUD. I go down to the Perry, FL bog every year (10,000+people end of this month). 80% of the mud trucks are of course running Boggers.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't mean all boggers are junk, the 54s though are questionable is my point. I know what their advantages are in mud and had looked at getting a set but did not feel that thier lateral traction would be sufficient for me. These would at minimum require a set of rockwells to hold up. Even a D60 with Superior shafts and CTMs would run into problems if put into deep mud. The problem is that the rockwells are gonna be heavy as hell. You'll end up adding so much weight to the truck to effectively run those tires that its going to want to sink and you'll have to power your way through all the mud. Sometimes less is more. If you have a lighter rig with say 37-44" boggers and run a set of D60s you may not have all the ground clearance as the 54s would give you sitting on hard ground, but less weight means you don't sink as much. If you ever watched some of the TTC videos there is a clip of the tire pit. Almost all of the trucks are big lifted trucks, a couple had rockwells. A little Suzuki Samurai with 33s and a small 4 banger walked right through the pit when nobody else could make it. He was light enough that even with a small tire he went over top of the pit and won. This has won the mud pit in TTC on more than one occasion as well. This is why I stayed with a 4cyl in my Ranger. I see no need for bigger than a 37 on it as it is light enough to go over most obstacles instead of resorting to trying to blindly plow through them. Building a good purpose built rig is all about balance and those 54s don't give the right balance to the truck IMO. In some conditions it might come out on top where there is a solid base to the mud, but in the super deep thick gumbo mud they will more than likely not give the best results. While a purpose built rig could be made to utilize them, it will more than likely only shine in very specific conditions. The main market will still end up being the show circiut where performance doesn't make any difference.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I would love to find a good 1976-1979 F150 or F250 stick a custom 12" lift + body lift and shove some of these 54" boggers under it. I had 2 of this old tanks in the past and the were bullet proof. One had 33" and the other had 38". I would love to build one now that I'm order. I just loved that body style.

I can see me doing this to the old 05 F150 in 20 years or so...

Old 11-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by djh1121
I would love to find a good 1976-1979 F150 or F250 stick a custom 12" lift + body lift and shove some of these 54" boggers under it. I had 2 of this old tanks in the past and the were bullet proof. One had 33" and the other had 38". I would love to build one now that I'm order. I just loved that body style.

I can see me doing this to the old 05 F150 in 20 years or so...
my cousin has a 1979 f250 with a custom built 12 inch lift actually but he aint got boggers hes got 44" ground hawgs its pretty bitchin but he blew his motor a couple of months ago

Old 11-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Old 11-03-2006, 08:33 PM

Quick Reply: 19.5x54x17/20 Boggers Coming Out