The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Which lift kit for 1995 F150 SC 4X4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which lift kit for 1995 F150 SC 4X4?

I own a 1995 F-150 SC 4X4 with a 351W. I also just found a used 245 lb. Ranch Hand front bumper to go along with the R.H. back bumper already installed. I have been looking into buying a 6 inch suspension lift, 35 inch BFG all-terrains on Extreme Alloys, 4.10 gears, detroit locker in back, and true-trac in the front. I had a couple of questions for the group. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions on which lift to go with? I was looking at the Superlifts, Pro Comps, and Skyjacker lift kits. I was wondering if one had any advantages over the others. The Pro Comp Stage II kit looks pretty awesome with the replacement radius arms. Also, shocks and steering stabilizers, any suggestions? Also, the true trac, are they good? I want the truck as streetable as possible (hence the All-terrains) but want to be able to hunt with it and pull the airboat up a muddy ramp. Most of all I want it to look GOOD!

Old 02-12-2004, 12:25 AM
Hopefully you'll get some good comments on this thread. I have a 1995 myself and will be getting a suspension lift someday.

Old 02-25-2004, 12:59 AM
I had a '95 that I had to ditch a few (6years,4months,10days to be exact) years ago. Had her set up with 35" mickey thompson baja belteds on centerline rims(can't remember what size)with a 6" lift(can't remember what kind...I think rancho???) and a two inch body lift. Here are some of the "Challenges" I faced:

needed cut-out fender flares
4.10's worked perfectly!!!speedO was off by only @ 5%
k&n helped with some lost power-filter system
Doug thorley headers helped,too-had trouble with them not sealing(I hate that sound!!!)
no catalytic, dual exhaust out the side, wanted them to exit straight back but chose the shortest route so she wouldn't get backed up.
my 351w was a monster, smoked many a GT's off the line and they had to play catchup 'cause the tires just stuck and powered her away and away...did I mention how much I missed her?

Had one hell of a shimmy @ 28mph and again @ 56mph(hmmm, just figured out that 28X2=56, wonder if that had anything to do with it.

My local Ford dealership was great in trying to help me out, even though they couldn't figure out why I would want to "ruin" a great truck by lifting and doing all the other mods...good thing my uncle was the G.M. Not many peeps around here appreciate the build-up of a great truck.

I suppose a better steering stabalizer would've been the next step. the factory?? one obviously wasn't doing the trick.

Did I mention that I plowed with her, too? Back when I owned my own business and could leave to make extra cash it was easy to justify the payment and the MPG(8), but inevitably all good things come to an end and so when I found myself working for someone else and not able to leave whenever I wanted, I had to let her go. Couldn't afford her anymore,what a shame.

I've recently started a similar relationship with a 2002 SCrew, she's pretty stock right now, but my birthday is coming up!!!

Hope I helped...good luck.

Quick Reply: Which lift kit for 1995 F150 SC 4X4?