I need to replace my BW4406 Transfer Case BAD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I need to replace my BW4406 Transfer Case BAD!!!!!

Last year when I was driving on a Frozen lake my 4 Wheel Drive Pooped the Bed on me. So after I put it off for a long time I took it to the dealership for a $80 4x4 Diag just to find out that my Transfer Case has pooped in its pants. WHen I use my 4 Wheel Drive it goes into 4 High just fine but when I get to about 1500 RPM's or when I apply any signifigant load to the truck (like depressing the Gas peddal) it POPs out of 4 Wheel drive. It makes this loud POPing sound when it does it. I thought these Trucks are soposed to be tough? The dealership wants $2400 to fix it. to put a Brand new TransFer Case into my Truck. I need to find a Used or Rebuilt Transfer Case!!! I have looked all over the Internet for the Transfer case but I am wondering where else I can look? What is the Best parts Buisness around??? Should I be calling Junk Yards??? Does Anyone here have one they want to sell me.. Right now the Cheapest I can find one for is $1425 (shipping included) from "National DriveTrain." I was just driving on the Lake! Why did this thing Break???? Then I had to listen to the Tech @ the dealership bitch at me about how much mud was under my truck and how much he thinks I beat my truck. Mabey I uses my truck to its fullest extent but I don't think I beat it. I need some help.. I need a Borg Warner 4406 TransFer case.. Can anyone help me?????????

Quick Reply: I need to replace my BW4406 Transfer Case BAD!!!!!