Is Amsoil worth the price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTNOS
well, all i can say to that is the only way i have ever detected it in the past was while tearing the motor down, usually with the intent to overhaul but i change my oil like am i supposed to and use good quality oil so what little sludge i may find has never been the cause of failure. for my engines, it usually is the piston rings that fail. i have never had a bearing failure so i think that is testimony to the level of quality of my oil maintainence standards. standards that have never, and will never include amsoil.
In a lot of cases, you can see sludge looking into the oil filler cap hole. If not, you can see it by just pulling the valve cover.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Red face oil for f150

i have always used royal purple even in my harley it used to be the cheapest syn you could find i usullay buy mine from applegate truck if you look on the net you can see videos of thier race car bad apple all they ran in that car is rp that stuff is like a cleaner it cleans everything i saw the trans sitting in the office floor this car ran qtr mile runs and everything even the motor was clean dont believe me chk for yourself applegate trucks sharonville ohio theese guys know racin one of thier drags hangs in a popular wing joint in cinti oh

Old 02-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by robhatjr
i have always used royal purple even in my harley it used to be the cheapest syn you could find i usullay buy mine from applegate truck if you look on the net you can see videos of thier race car bad apple all they ran in that car is rp that stuff is like a cleaner it cleans everything i saw the trans sitting in the office floor this car ran qtr mile runs and everything even the motor was clean dont believe me chk for yourself applegate trucks sharonville ohio theese guys know racin one of thier drags hangs in a popular wing joint in cinti oh
Some pluses for Royal Purple:

1) Company IS NOT a multi-level marketing company like Scamsoil

2) ALL of their products are API certified

Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Takeda
Check out this fine print in the Scamsoil warranty! Their sleezy lawyers have written it in a way that they will not be responsible for engine failure if you
don't follow the OEM's written recommendations.
Ahhhhh, Takeda, Takeda, Takeda...you have completely drifted out of your lane bro. I deal with guys like you almost daily; you read a passage or some technical document and pick and choose the words that only relay what you want it to say instead of the passage in its entirety. What's stated in your quote is absolutely not what this warranty states. From a legal perspective, you have carfeully (and I'm sure quite certainly on purpose) omitted the word "OR" before the passage you chose to pont out. This warranty absolutley states they will honor the product if you follow Amsoils written guidance. This document does not say you must follow the manufacturers OCI AND Amsoils. You are trying entirely too hard to bro. But this typical fashion for you as you continue to go after something based on business practice and have yet to offer anything negative about the product.

I also noticed you've posted Amsoils actual warranty document but for your Exxon/Mobil comparison, you've simply copied a few bullets from a website that generalize thier warranty items. I'm quite certain they have a legal warranty with as much "sleezy" (as you so eloquently put it) mumbo-jumbo as Amsoil or any other product on this planet. You and this thread need to be given a rest. I'm even dissapointed in myself for returning.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Ahhhhh, Takeda, Takeda, Takeda...you have completely drifted out of your lane bro. I deal with guys like you almost daily; you read a passage or some technical document and pick and choose the words that only relay what you want it to say instead of the passage in its entirety. What's stated in your quote is absolutely not what this warranty states. From a legal perspective, you have carfeully (and I'm sure quite certainly on purpose) omitted the word "OR" before the passage you chose to pont out. This warranty absolutley states they will honor the product if you follow Amsoils written guidance. This document does not say you must follow the manufacturers OCI AND Amsoils. You are trying entirely too hard to bro. But this typical fashion for you as you continue to go after something based on business practice and have yet to offer anything negative about the product.

I also noticed you've posted Amsoils actual warranty document but for your Exxon/Mobil comparison, you've simply copied a few bullets from a website that generalize thier warranty items. I'm quite certain they have a legal warranty with as much "sleezy" (as you so eloquently put it) mumbo-jumbo as Amsoil or any other product on this planet. You and this thread need to be given a rest. I'm even dissapointed in myself for returning.

Galaxy, with the word "or" Scamsoil can use the OEM recommendations AGAINST a warranty claim if they desire!

As far as the warranties, I didn't include the entire warranty of Scamsoil's OR Mobil 1's, only the section of What's not covered. Again Scamsoil's is full of BS!!!

For your reading enjoyment, here is a link to Mobil 1's entire warranty. As you can see racing and aviation applications are covered with Mobil 1, but not covered with Scamsoils. Maybe this is why Mobil 1 has more racing sponsors, they can use the product without a worry. I think not honoring racing or aviation applications is about as negative as you can get!! That tells me Scamsoil doesn't have any confidence in their own products, or have lost their shirt
in racing or aviation warranty claims!!

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/..._Warranty.aspx

You loose!!!!!

Last edited by Takeda; 02-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man this thread is still goin?? Has ANYONE EVER heard of an engine failing because of using the wrong brand oil?? C'mon......

Old 02-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
Man this thread is still goin?? Has ANYONE EVER heard of an engine failing because of using the wrong brand oil?? C'mon......
Obviously Scamsoil has, for them to write their warranty this way.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
There have been posts in the past where Ford has denied warranty when the wrong oil or oil that did not meet spec was used. Same applies to filters. None involved Amsoil, though.

Last edited by Bluejay; 02-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
There have been posts in the past where Ford has denied warranty when the wrong oil or oil that did not meet spec was used. Same applies to filters. None involved Amsoil, though.

I'm glad you brought up filters! Check this out, Scamsoil has the same BS in their air/oil filter warranty:

Old 02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Something you might want to read about Royal Purple.

http://www.freeoilhelp.com/misc-imag...l%20Purple.pdf

Their advertising is just as slimmy as Amsoils. Their claims of more power, more fuel mileage, and yer girlfriend won't get pregnant is all fabrication and 100% pure BS. If you're going to pay a premium price for anything, you should expect premium results. RP delivers nothing over any other quality oil, synthetic or blend. The most expensive component in the formulation is the dye to make it purple- the color of royalty.....yeah, right. And not all of their oils are API certified.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Something you might want to read about Royal Purple.

http://www.freeoilhelp.com/misc-imag...l%20Purple.pdf

Their advertising is just as slimmy as Amsoils. Their claims of more power, more fuel mileage, and yer girlfriend won't get pregnant is all fabrication and 100% pure BS. If you're going to pay a premium price for anything, you should expect premium results. RP delivers nothing over any other quality oil, synthetic or blend. The most expensive component in the formulation is the dye to make it purple- the color of royalty.....yeah, right. And not all of their oils are API certified.
Thanks for the information! Sounds like we are down to RP isn't a multi-level marketing company like Scamsoil.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You talk about multi-level marketing like it's a crime. It *IS* a legitimate business model.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
You talk about multi-level marketing like it's a crime. It *IS* a legitimate business model.
Correct. As long as a product is delivered and the buyer is willing to pay the price for the product, there is nothing at all wrong with multilevel marketing. It should not be confused with pyramid schemes where investors money is used to give earlier investors a return on their investment and there is no real product.

ML marketing has been around a long time and can deliver value just as anyother marketing method.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Correct. As long as a product is delivered and the buyer is willing to pay the price for the product, there is nothing at all wrong with multilevel marketing. It should not be confused with pyramid schemes where investors money is used to give earlier investors a return on their investment and there is no real product.

ML marketing has been around a long time and can deliver value just as anyother marketing method.

Not true, multi-level marketing, and pyramid scheme are the same thing. Money from the sale of a product goes into a lot of people's pocket.

The reason I'm so against these companies, I've had friends and family members that have had to file for bankruptcy from falling prey to these
MLM companies.

Here are just a few of the many articles on MLM companies:

http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html

http://www.mlmwatch.org

http://www.skepdic.com/mlm.html

http://www.quatloos.com/mlm/mlm.htm

http://pyramidschemealert.org

http://www.falseprofits.com/MLM%20Lies.html

http://www.shop-money-time.com/main/id45.html

Last edited by Takeda; 02-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
How do you "fall prey" if you are simply a retail customer? I'm not saying to go out and get an Amsoil dealership. I *WAS* an Amsoil dealer for several years and I didn't LOSE money - I didn't make any either, but I wasn't trying to. I just wanted to be able to buy product for MY use at cost. I dropped the dealership when my purchases dropped to a level where the annual membership fee ate up all the savings.

I dunno how much Galaxy makes from his dealership, don't care, none of my business. All I know is when I need something, I order it off the Amsoil website, slap in his ZO number, and it gets delivered directly from the nearest product center.

Quick Reply: Is Amsoil worth the price?