IWE Actuator Hub Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IWE Actuator Hub Question

Is the gear in the hub supposed to have a slight bevel where it comes into contact with the wheel hub? And is the Wheel hub supposed to have the same sort of bevel just reversed so the two gears can come together???

Just does not seem like much of the hub gears come into contact, probably about 3/16" on the CV and 3/16" on the wheel hub itself...Seems like a very week point....I have had that grinding noise a few times in the past but pulled over right away, engaged the 4 wheel and ran it for a few minutes then dissengaged with no issues.

It seems that the bevel on the actuator gear loses about 1/16" of gear, is this normal...I would seem that it would have it to be able to mesh up with the wheel hub as it has the same bevel just in the opposite direction...

Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerhelo
Is the gear in the hub supposed to have a slight bevel where it comes into contact with the wheel hub? And is the Wheel hub supposed to have the same sort of bevel just reversed so the two gears can come together???

Just does not seem like much of the hub gears come into contact, probably about 3/16" on the CV and 3/16" on the wheel hub itself...Seems like a very week point....I have had that grinding noise a few times in the past but pulled over right away, engaged the 4 wheel and ran it for a few minutes then dissengaged with no issues.

It seems that the bevel on the actuator gear loses about 1/16" of gear, is this normal...I would seem that it would have it to be able to mesh up with the wheel hub as it has the same bevel just in the opposite direction...
44 views and no one has an answer....

Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You won't get much support unless you post up what it is you have, year-model-engine-ect. You should create a profile to save you the steps. The crew on here finds it very hard to diagnose anything unless BASIC information is provided.

Quick Reply: IWE Actuator Hub Question