Speedo Recal with new Gears.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedo Recal with new Gears.

Does no one else have this problem? I can't get anyone around my area to recalibrate my speedo. Used to have 3.73's, and now i have 4.88's. My odometer reads 30% higher than its supposed to be.

I'm so fed up with this ****, I'm about to just buy an edge evolution.

PLEASE HELP!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Dealership will do it or you can buy a programmer and do it, but with the programmer you get added performance bonuses and you can just put your stock tune back when you need to.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 PM
I took it to the nearest Ford dealership. They told me they couldn't get into my computer and fix it. They told me they couldn't "gain access"....whatever that means.

I have a Bully Dog programmer, but it doesn't compensate for gear ratio.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Mmm... put the stock tune back on it and i don't see why the couldn't they should be able to reflash it either way.. Do they not have the equipment?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
It has the stock tune on it. AND....would i want them reflashing my computer? That doesn't sound very smart.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of the programming is limited at the dealer. The software only has certain values it can use. Mainly those things that are OE, like tire sizes and gear ratios. A 4.88 never came with the F150, so the dealer cannot program it. Same with 35" tires. You will need an aftermarket product for something like those.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you really don't want a programmer (I can't see why you wouldn't want to replace that POS bullycrap), Hypertech makes a GR/TS/DTC reader/programmer (no changes to the stock performance).

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2010, 11:30 AM
I might have to agree with you on that programmer, it's nice at times, showing me how to get the best gas mileage and stuff, but I'm really considering buying an edge evolution. From what I've read, it will compensate for tire size and gear ratio. This guy is selling one on craigslist for 3 hundo. I also have not read anything bad about the evo. Kind of a win win for me. Just have to wait till tomorrow for that Friday paycheck.

At the ford dealership right now, and they are going to try to get into it again. Its a no doubt decision to make if they can't get into it. I'm not happy about spending another 3 hundo, but it's for the best.

Another question....does the EVO compensate for a CAI? I've got the volant(shutup) and it sounds great and does it's deed, but I've heard so many people talking crap on this site about it.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by JakeKo
I might have to agree with you on that programmer, it's nice at times, showing me how to get the best gas mileage and stuff, but I'm really considering buying an edge evolution. From what I've read, it will compensate for tire size and gear ratio. This guy is selling one on craigslist for 3 hundo. I also have not read anything bad about the evo. Kind of a win win for me. Just have to wait till tomorrow for that Friday paycheck.

At the ford dealership right now, and they are going to try to get into it again. Its a no doubt decision to make if they can't get into it. I'm not happy about spending another 3 hundo, but it's for the best.

Another question....does the EVO compensate for a CAI? I've got the volant(shutup) and it sounds great and does it's deed, but I've heard so many people talking crap on this site about it.
The Evo is designed for stock trucks. It doesn't have any compensation for a revised MAF transfer function.

You can, however, convert the Evo to a Gryphon, providing the Evo is 04+ and then get custom tunes to account for the aftermarket intake.

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...php/Index.html

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/upgrade-your-evo/

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-upg ... y-evo.html

Here's the order form page: http://www.gopowerhungry.com/_ordering_info.shtml

You also need to make sure the Evo is set to stock:

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-...n-gryphon.html

Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Guess who's the proud new owner of an Edge Evolution!?

This thing is awesome! Only one thing. It seems its not properly calibrating my odometer according to my GPS. Do I follow the GPS? Or do I trust the EVO? When my GPS is reading 70, the odometer reads about 79...and if the GPS is reading 75, I'm reading 84 on the odometer. And why the hell is the tire size in mm!!!? Dumb! AND!, This is what I really don't get. It's over 2000, when a 35 inch tire is only 889mm. So I added the 889 to 2000. Is that right?

Thanks guys!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Guess who's the proud new owner of an Edge Evolution!?

This thing is awesome! Only one thing. It seems its not properly calibrating my odometer according to my GPS. Do I follow the GPS? Or do I trust the EVO? When my GPS is reading 70, the odometer reads about 79...and if the GPS is reading 75, I'm reading 84 on the odometer. And why the hell is the tire size in mm!!!? Dumb! AND!, This is what I really don't get. It's over 2000, when a 35 inch tire is only 889mm. So I added the 889 to 2000. Is that right?

Thanks guys!
There are lots of posts and a sticky on using the Edge/Gryphon to set your GR and TS in this forum.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I got a speedo recalibrator from Ford Motorsport. Not sure if it'll work on 04 and up F-150's but worth looking into. About $100 or so it was.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, they offered me a recalibrator at the dealership for 2 hundo. But I got an Edge Evo for 2 hundo off of KSL.com......and after I put that thing in, I can officially say I hated my Bully Dog programmer. I just can't wait to put 91 octane in it and put that thing on EXTREME!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs down

Well, they offered me a recalibrator at the dealership for 2 hundo. But I got an Edge Evo for 2 hundo off of KSL.com......and after I put that thing in, I can officially say I hated my Bully Dog programmer. I just can't wait to put 91 octane in it and put that thing on EXTREME!
With a 2005?
With very probable pre-existing lean conditions?
And a Volant?
Which lies down @ upper rpm's?
Running a perf tune?
Which is designed to run leaner as well?
And after you were informed that an Edge cannot deal with these things safely at all?
And even Edge states this?

MGD

Old 10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Former Sponsor
with our tuner you can adjust the speedo calibration by %. works great on my truck

Quick Reply: Speedo Recal with new Gears.