Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a little bit off topic!

Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarrenH.
My edge evo normally revolves around 15.3-15.8 mpg while cruising, but if I leave the truck running in park, that number will drop dramatically in 5 minutes. Usually down to the 11-12 range, in ten minutes it will be under 10mpg, I've seen it as low as 4mpg (pull up, load some firewood, take off). 15 mpg x 23 gal=354 miles 11mpg x 23gal=253miles. It definatley makes sense that the remote start is hurting overall mileage. Try running a full tank without using the remote start and see if it jumps back above 300 miles a tank, it's worth a try if your that worried about it.
Quoted for truth! Letting your vehicle sit idling kills overall mpg. My Dad used to shut the car off anytime he was sitting/waiting longer than a traffic signal takes to change. I used to think he was nuts. During our slight cold snap this winter mine dropped to 13.9 on one fill up. But I also knew it was coming. After warming it up in the morning and before leaving work the Edge would be down around 11.

That fuel link is interesting. I'm surprised BP isn't on there. I wasn't aware they had cheap gas. That's where I get 93 OCT for the race bikes. None of the other stations (close) have over 91.

Quick Reply: Bad mileage