Production Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2000, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Production Time

I just ordered my 2000 F150 S/C on the 09 March.The dealer said that the truck will arrive in the middle of May.I find this kind of long.Are their estimates usually good (re will the truck be early or late??)

------------------

Old 03-12-2000, 03:03 PM
I've found that the trucks usually come in earlier than what they tell you.

------------------
98' F-150, Off Road, Short Box, Blue, 4.6, K&N, Auto, Captain Chairs, Dual Exhaust
Alpine CD Player, (2) 10" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers and a big ol' Arctic Cat
sticker on the rear sliding window!!!!! Soon to be chipped!!!

Old 03-12-2000, 06:44 PM
Unhappy

I ordered mine Dec. 11, 1999. I was told then I would get it by the end of January. Told last week that I would get by the end of March 2000.

On order:
F150 Ext Cab Flareside 4X4, 5.4 Engine, Island Blue

------------------
Ordered December 11, 1999, 2000 Ext Cab Flareside 4x4

Old 03-12-2000, 07:34 PM
Smile

I maybe should add what I ordered and maybe that will make a difference on the delivery time.It is a 2000 F150 S/C,4.6,Styleside,5 speed,2wd,3.55 posi,in dash C/D,cruise/tilt
255/70R16 ROWL A/S tires.Thanks for your inputs so far.

Old 03-12-2000, 07:48 PM
Ordered mine mid nov, got it mid jan, all told about 8 weeks, pretty average. The biggest difference is where you live, mine took an aditional weed to go from virginia to oregon.

Old 03-12-2000, 11:03 PM
I ordered mine 17-Jan-00 and was told first week in March, now it is Mar 20th. We'll see, last truck was 6 weeks, back in '95.

2000 Oxford White, S/C, Flareside, 5.4, 3.55LS, Capt Chairs (Med Graphite), 6-CD, Slider, 5-spoke wheels, Keyless Entry,Trailer Tow, Engine Block Heater, EXT Warranty.

Old 03-13-2000, 12:20 AM
RCL
Put the order in for the truck at the end of January. Still waiting... Dealer said I'll get two weeks notice before I get the truck. He hasn't notified me of anything yet.

------------------
2000 XLT 4.6 V8 RC SB 4x4

Old 03-13-2000, 08:33 AM
BlueBlood, you will most likely get your truck way sooner than that. When I spoke with my dealer after my truck came in (basically less than a month if you discount the time that the Ford plants were shut down for the holidays), they said that Ford really likes to try to get an even mix of trucks on the road. So, with most people getting auto's nowadays, any order for a manual tranny kinda gets bumped up a few notches. At least that is how it worked with mine.

------------------
2000 F150 Black XLT "Sport", SC, SB, 4.2L, 5 Speed, 3.55LS, factory soft tonneau, keyless entry, factory fog lights
Mods - JVC CD Player w/ Infinity and JBL Speakers, Permatech Spray in Bedliner
Coming Soon - Leveling Kit, Step Bars, Bug Guard, K&N, etc, etc...

Old 03-13-2000, 09:50 AM
Please do not take this as a flame, but I'm curious as to why people order trucks...whenever I pass a dealership there seem to be lots of trucks on the lot ready for immediate delivery. Is there some special combination, paint scheme or something that isn't commonly available, therefore requiring a special order? And with computers, dealers can seek out and do a dealer swap for just about any vehicle. Or is it because the vehicles have been on the lot and people want a "new" vehicle. I'm just curious.
P.S. I got mine off a lot and its been good so far, no complaints.

------------------
'99 F150 SC, 4x2, Oxford white, flareside, 5.4, 3.55 rearend,
bodyside mouldings, Snugtop hard tonneau, K&N dropin and airbox mod.
Duraliner drop-in (gave up on the Penda Nascar). Gibson Supertruck. Ford 2-piece bra. Catch-All floor mats.
No door cracks yet at 6K!!!

Future mods: 2/4 lowering, and some Roush stuff.

Old 03-13-2000, 02:17 PM
Marv1, I ordered my truck because I didn't think that I could get it any other way. I had looked around a *many* dealerships and I didn't ever see a single XLT sport sitting on the lot. Add to that the fact that I wanted it with the 4.2L and stick, and my dealership couldn't find on in five states Didn't give me much of an option.

------------------
2000 F150 Black XLT "Sport", SC, SB, 4.2L, 5 Speed, 3.55LS, factory soft tonneau, keyless entry, factory fog lights
Mods - JVC CD Player w/ Infinity and JBL Speakers, Permatech Spray in Bedliner
Coming Soon - Leveling Kit, Step Bars, Bug Guard, K&N, etc, etc...

Old 03-13-2000, 06:47 PM
Smile

Marv,

That's a valid question. Since I am very particular about color/equipment, I guarantee you a truck exactly like mine was not available on any lot. We looked but something was always missing. I spent countless hours looking at the '98 leftovers and just ordered a '99 to my wants.

You won't find any like mine (sig below) with HD cooling/electrical/color combo/LS and power seat on a lot not ordered. Many have a tow package ... I didn't want it and the list is endless.

Since I was going to pay a lot of money for this truck, I wanted it exactly to my specs.

Old 03-13-2000, 08:02 PM
I agree with you Dunbarton.To find a 5 speed 4.6 XL S/C would be just about impossible.And I wanted certain options and definatley didnt want others.This is the first new vehicule I have so I ordered it exactly the way I wanted .Lets hope I get my truck sooner than later as I just have sold my 94 Mustang GT .I will have to drive my wifes Accord for now but it just isn't a Ford

On Order 2000 XL Supercab 4.6 5speed 3.55 Limited slip 255/70R16

Old 03-13-2000, 10:48 PM
There are various reasons to 'order' a truck. Mine is a 00' XLT loaded. Try to find a 8' bed and man 4x4. These were the main factors that led me to order mine. I was very picky about the options and such, wouldn't even let the dealer put there sticker on it, I figure if you pay 200$ for their advertising.....

also, the dealer gets a report each week. Your truck will have a build date about 2 weeks after you order. Press them hard for this, it may mean talking to someone in charge. and once your truck is built, it should take about 2 weeks before you see it. keep on the dealer, Someone there has those answers and you are entitled to them!!. ford-diesel.com used to have the procedure to check your oreder over the phone. they have since taken it down due to pressure from big blue. But....its the same system your dealer uses, go above your salesman..inventory manager or such should be able to tell you where your truck is today.

[This message has been edited by Shark99 (edited 03-13-2000).]

Old 03-14-2000, 12:31 AM
Thanks guys...I appreciate the responses. No matter how we get them, Ford trucks are the best. IMHO, of course. Thanks again. Marv

------------------
'99 F150 SC, 4x2, Oxford white, flareside, 5.4, 3.55 rearend,
bodyside mouldings, Snugtop hard tonneau, K&N dropin and airbox mod.
Duraliner drop-in (gave up on the Penda Nascar). Gibson Supertruck. Ford 2-piece bra. Catch-All floor mats.
No door cracks yet at 6K!!!

Future mods: 2/4 lowering, and some Roush stuff.

Old 03-14-2000, 12:36 AM
Exclamation

Marv1,
I ordered mine, because the only 5-speed that the dealer had were Work Series trucks. I did find ONE XLT SuperCab with a 5-speed at another dealer, but it was Chestnut and if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a vehicle it had better be in a color that I like.
===================
On Order-Expecting Delivery @ the begin of April
2000 XLT SC 4x4
5-Speed Trans.
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Dark Graphite Interior
Sliding Rear Window
Remote Keyless Entry
Single Disk CD

Quick Reply: Production Time