To those who might know....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To those who might know....

Got a quote from a very reputable shop today for R&P replacement.
I'm moving up from the oh-so-powerful 3.55 that Ford thought would do the trick to 4.11's. The owner of the shop told me he would do both axles with master kits installed and synthetics for $1350.00. So the big question for those who have done this is: "Should I keep looking? Or is this a fair market price?"

I have always done all work to my 4X4's myself, lift kits to major engine work, but Ring and Pinions is a place I treaded once and ended up with a howling mess!

Thanks for any thoughts on this subject.

PS: Yes, I did a search first.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:30 AM
I was in the same boat you're in...so I went around the Charlotte area looking for a place to install my 4.56s...shop I found includes lifetime warranty on parts and labor for $1415...it's in the ballpark, and that's on my 04...I guess it depends on what kind of warranty they're willing to give you on their work...

Old 07-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the reply!
As long as it is in the ballpark, then I won't feel taken. The shop offers a great warranty on their work, and on the gears. They are a certified Yukon Gear distributor so they will honor thier own warranty on the work as well as the warranty on the gears.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: To those who might know....