Pulling Rear end and replacing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling Rear end and replacing.

Well I've decided to replace my 87 Bronco rearend (8.8,3.55 LS w/ABS) with a Salvage yard unit of the same and was hoping to get some info and advice on pulling it, I've never done this before. Do I remove the parking brake cables from the brake hub or from where it connects to the linkage? It looks like I'll have to disassemble the whole brake shoe system just to get at it and then reassemble it to give them my exchange rear end......is there another way? Are there any other things to be considered in doing this job? Is there a certain order in which I remove and loosen componants? Any help would be great. Thanx

Old 08-12-2003, 11:20 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Check out this site; http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%...delLookup.html

If you look up in the brakes section it will explain the procedure for removing the parking brake from the axle. if you look up in the drive train under springs it will give you the torque for the U bolts. Just make sure you support the axle when you remove it. If you drop it one it could kill you. It needs to be supported properly. axle stands on the frame. Lowering one side at a time is the safest. That is what I did.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 08-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: info

Thanks JMC for the great info.....way cool site. Really appreciate your input. Thanks again......Nice ride ya got there.

Quick Reply: Pulling Rear end and replacing.