Wind noise around door

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wind noise around door

There is some kind of air leak around the drivers side door. Its really noisy. Is this related to the door cracking issue. Where do you look for door cracks?

Old 01-20-2002, 04:10 PM
If you have an S-cab, make sure the rear door is fully latched. I had the same issue and that was my problem.

XLT_D

Old 01-25-2002, 07:58 PM
wind noise/creak

I notice a noise where my back door meets my drivers door at times. Its almost as if the doors arent lined up properly anymore. A creaking at low speeds and wind noise at higher speeds. Very noticable when hitting bumps and inclines at angles.

Old 01-25-2002, 08:36 PM
I have the same problem with the passenger door. I hate to slam the doors but XLT Driver's method is the only way to remedy the problem. I wonder if an aftermarket door seal would help (something larger than stock).

Old 01-27-2002, 01:21 AM
adjust the striker

I'm going to try to move the striker on the back door where the from door latches on to, to try to get rid of the noise, because I know when I'm driving I can pull on the door and it will stop, but no matter how hard I slam the door it doesn't help, that might even be making it worse.. either that or new door seals.. or hope for a TSB from ford!

Old 01-27-2002, 03:55 PM
My '97 had horrible wind noise coming through the passenger door. Thought it was an issue with the rear third door, but it wasn't. Dealer first tried adjusting the doors, but that didn't cure it. They ended up replacing all the weather stipping and that cured the problem. My '99 had some wind noise on the driver's side. An adjustment of the door cured that particular problem.

I noticed, however, that the rear doors never wanted to close fully unless you really slammed them. The problem was with the top latch not engaging fully. My way to deal with that problem was to close the door with my hand higher up. The pressure closer to the top latch allowed the rear doors to close fully without having to slam them.

Old 01-27-2002, 06:54 PM
I also had the door air leak problem until I realized
that I was not closing the back door (supercab) all the
way! Try giving it a slam and maybe it will go away.
Mine did!

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Wind noise around door