'01 rear slideing window - bottom seal replaceable ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 rear slideing window - bottom seal replaceable ??

just folded down the back seat in my '01 super cab
found a water dribble on the center of the seat

a little pokeing around and I found the bottom rubber strip that seals against the slideing portion of the glass is ripping away along the edge where it attaches to the window frame

is this replaceable ? - can I get the weather stripping for the slideing window ?

or... is this the excuse I'm gonna need to buy a power back window ?
- a place here in toronto sells them new ...

Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Do these help? \/

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ar-window.html
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...ack-glass.html

A new Power Window would be nice though!

Last edited by PETERSxMACHINE; 10-24-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Found another link
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
ya , no - I saw the thread about resealing the window assembly pop up a day or so after I posted
what I need to fix is the rubber strip along the bottom edge of the slideing portion of the back window

Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM
I have this exact same problem. I reguled it with weatherstrip adhesive but the seal has shrunk and has a noticeable gap that still lets water through. All threads talk about a window leak, not just the little seal between the outside and the sliding window. I'd hate to have to go to a dealership but I cant find anything else yet.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by madmaxwell87
I have this exact same problem. I reguled it with weatherstrip adhesive but the seal has shrunk and has a noticeable gap that still lets water through. All threads talk about a window leak, not just the little seal between the outside and the sliding window. I'd hate to have to go to a dealership but I cant find anything else yet.
Here's this..... http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...2DaUFuSVUBbeuQ

I just got done regluing the old ones back in.....all 4 of them and they are shrunk.....just looking to get by until winter is done.....

Going to order the kit this spring and redo them..... http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/...542052-aa.html or http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/part...&siteid=214771

Last edited by 88racing; 01-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM
That's what I was hoping to find with no luck, thank you. So that kit looks like it's every seal around the sliding window? Not too bad for $50-60.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM
I just knocked mine out by accident of course And had my insurance cover me a new rear window and it works great with no leaks now.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I purchased the seals from Ford for $100 and had them installed by a window man. He also cleaned out the weep holes so water that made it's way past the seals would leak out through them. He charged me $100. Though this was a contributor to my water problem it was not all. I am now working my way to where the water makes it's way down the front windshield and past the cowling. water is making it's way behind the panel that the parking break is attached to. The water then fills up the channel under the threshold of the doors and the carpet soaks it up. Any thought as to water is making it's way into the panel?

Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bainbridgesnc
Any thought as to water is making it's way into the panel?
Get your windshield resealed.

Mine was so bad that the grab handles were "crying" and my fuse box or GEM was making noises and doing weird stuff...like the one time on morning break where I came out to see my OHC lit up and the AC fan was blowing...cool feeling. Not srs.

You do not want to delay this.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 AM
My windshield was not leaking. I think i finally found the last area that water water was making it's way in my cab. I pulled the front driver's tire, removed the inner fender well and it revealed a seam on the firewall/closer to the door jam. This seam was somewhat lacking caulking from the factory so I added to it and cleaned out all of the debris in the lower part of the door jam. It rained that day and no water, I placed a water hose over that area and left it running for a short time and no water. We are supposed to get some rain today -- prayerfully i will not see any water.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by bainbridgesnc
My windshield was not leaking. I think i finally found the last area that water water was making it's way in my cab. I pulled the front driver's tire, removed the inner fender well and it revealed a seam on the firewall/closer to the door jam. This seam was somewhat lacking caulking from the factory so I added to it and cleaned out all of the debris in the lower part of the door jam. It rained that day and no water, I placed a water hose over that area and left it running for a short time and no water. We are supposed to get some rain today -- prayerfully i will not see any water.
I had the same problem with my 97 F150 with the rear sliding window leaking and my windshield leaking so I took it to a local glass shop owned by a couple hard working guys and they said they've seen this many times with the older 97 through 01 models. They discovered Ford tried encapsulating the whole sliding window assembly in plastic which over time cracked at all four corners which is almost impossible to stop so they replaced it with a newer OEM updated version. Windshield was ready to fallout they resealed it. It's been over a month ago and through some horrendous downpours here in Ohio it's stayed dry as a bone! Total cost was $353, now I can get my headliner replaced.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Yes this can be fixed without purchasing a $700-$800 power sliding window. I had the Ford parts dept. order the seals for $100. They had to order it from the window manufacturer. I had a professional install them for another $100. However, afterwards I still had a small leak so I put some silicone in the corner where there was a gap (poor installation) and this fixed my water leak.

Quick Reply: '01 rear slideing window - bottom seal replaceable ??