I've Been Infected!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-1999, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I've Been Infected!!!!!!!!!!

All I could say Was MOTHER_____!!!! Had never noticed the crack before but after I saw the picture of it I checked. Yup I got it. Although a rather small case. I have 30k On my truck now. Does the Crack get worse with time? Anyone notice their crack growing?

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, 5 Speed, Superchip, 2 Superchip Decals (I Think They Add 5 HP Each), 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors, Fog Lights Mounted In Front Air Dam ,2 Kc DayLighters, Back Up Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, 10 Inch MTX Blue Thunder SubWoofer, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3 Inch Body Lift Kit, 16.5 x 9.75 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 33x12.5x16.5 BFG All Terrains

Old 10-11-1999, 07:06 AM
Exclamation

The new service manager at Shaheen Ford in Portland, MI said he had a customer who's door crack was about to the edge of the door.

Sorry for the bad news.

Bono

------------------

Old 10-11-1999, 07:09 PM
Wink

Get some proper fittin' jeans and watch those late night snacks and the crack shouldn't get to much larger.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip, Mobil 1

Old 10-24-1999, 01:08 AM
Angry

Well I got it too, and I actually thought it would never happen to me, boy was I wrong. I noticed it for the first time 2 weeks ago at the Austin Rally. Tonight I was at a truck show and a guy had a 97 F150 in the show so I went to look to see if he had it and he did. This is unbeliveable, seems like over 50% of F150's around have this problem, so every time I see a 97 and up F150, I'm gonna go look to see if it has the crack. I sure hope they solve this problem pretty soon. Here is a pic of the crack:

------------------
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Mudder,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Magnum bug shield, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield. . More to come for the 3:16 machine: Ramsey Pro 8000 winch is here, and will be on as soon as the hidden kit gets here, 4 more KC lights, shocks, and tail light guards. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 10-24-1999).]

Old 10-25-1999, 12:14 AM
Every single one I have seen, in public or on my dealers lot has the crack. I haven't yet seen any '00 with the crack, but they really haven't been out long enough. Apparantly Ford doesn't have a stronger panel available, since the replacement panels are the same part and will crack again too. The reiforcement kit is still in durability testing and should be available very, very soon. Expect every truck to get this crack! (Darn it!)

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, Ford bedliner, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 11-18-1999, 11:33 PM
hi all... i have a 97 flareside lariat.. im looking for the crack you all are talking about.. where is it.. i looked at the pic and maybe because it is 1130 at night i cant see it.. im curious now.. if anyone can tell me where the crack is, id appreciate it

------------------
1997 F150 Flareside Lariat Supercab.. Maroon over Beige..JVC El Kameleon CD Player.. Pretty much stock for right now.. will soon change

Old 11-19-1999, 07:49 AM
Mr Moose,
Look in the daylight with the window down and pull the weatherstrip back to make it easier to see. Most cracks are more visible in daylight.

Old 11-19-1999, 11:56 PM
Unhappy

Any one have an update on the fix for this problem?

I was trying to ignore it until there was a fix, but once mudder posted his pics, I couldn't help but look and sure enough, 6,000 miles and the crack on my door is just slightly smaller than in the pics.

I've read a lot of posts about this issue, but has anyone here gotten there's fixed? And if so, how much hassle was involved?

Thanks,

------------------
1999 F-150 Supercab Flareside Sport Package
Oxford White Full tint Bug shield CD player, 17" wheels, K&N
Ford Soft Tonneau cover
Gibson Super Truck Looking for more!

Old 11-21-1999, 09:57 PM
I would like to hear if anybody else out there has gotten it fixed too. I need to get mine fixed while I'm still under warranty.

------------------
Patrick aka Mudder
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Stone Cold edition F150,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Ramsey Pro 8000 hidden winch, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars, Magnum bug shield, Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield . More to come for the 3:16 machine: 4 more KC lights, shocks, and tail light guards. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/index2.html, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav
Ford Trucks: "when you absolutely have to have the very best".
[img]

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 11-21-1999).]

Old 11-24-1999, 01:57 PM
Check out some of the other threads on this one. Some repairs went well, some went right into the toilet. Guess it depends on the bodyshop and how good they are. Supposedly Ford will replace the door if it's in warranty. Problem is it's still the same door as far as I know, no fix released yet from them. You may want to get it in writing that you have the crack and will wait till a proper fix is released. You each have to decide whether you want to do that or not.

Mine had a crack when I bought it used last spring, and out of warranty. I did get it repaired and so far it's looking good. The dealership bodyshop welded the crack, fabricated a piece of plate steel and glued it inside the door overlapping the area of the crack (I didn't get to see it so I can't tell you what it looks like). They patch painted the work and it really looks good. Very solid, and no flexing on the gasket side of the door so far. The window will still flex the sheetmetal on the skin side of the door below the window if you let it go up 'all' the way, which I don't do anymore.

------------------
97 XLT Extended Cab 4X2, Northland Edition Short Box. Dark Toreador Red & Saddle Tan Accent. Tan Interior. 4.6L V8, 4-Spd Automatic. 3.55 Limited Slip differential, ABS, Factory Mag Wheels, Factory Bedliner, Non-Leaking Sliding Rear Window, Trailer Towing Package, LeBra Tonneau, Ziebarted, with Repaired Crack in the drivers door.

Old 11-25-1999, 12:09 AM
Talking

White Knight,

It might me different in the US, but up here in Canada, as long as the problem is registered BEFORE the warranty runs out, you are covered...PERIOD! If you put an additional 32K miles on your truck between the time you report it and the time it gets fixed; as long as it was REPORTED while still under warranty you are OK.

Hope this helps; you can breathe again.

...Deis

1998 F-250 Light Duty XLT S/C...5.4L...electronic shift kit...K&N Filter...Super Z performance muffler and 3" exhaust.

Email: paradeis@telusplanet.net

Old 11-25-1999, 12:44 AM
ARGH!!!!!!! damnit.. i thought that was just a scratch.. argh!!!! I just bought my truck a couple months ago!!!!!!!!! no.. no cracks.. cracks suck!!! and there it is.. in plain view.. i just saw this post and saw a picture and that is the same damn crack!!!!!!!! IS THIS covered under warrantee? HELP ME!!! this needs to be fixed.. i got 34k.. 2 more k and no more warranty! Thanks for the bad news.. heheh

------------------
Fred Folkerts/Chicago IL
1997 Ford 150XLT Black
5.4 TRiTiON/4x4 Off Road

Old 11-25-1999, 11:40 PM
Question

Do the place of manufacture and date of manufacture have something to do with this door crack problem? I had an earily 97 model built at Norfolk, VA assembly plant. It had 73K on it when I traded it in and it never got the door crack. I now have a late 99 that I bought in August built at the Kansas City, MO plant and it also doesn't have the door crack.

------------------
99 4x4 SC Lariat 5.4l 3.73 rear, oxford white

Old 11-26-1999, 12:40 AM
Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place, I don't have a door crack. I'm grateful . . . for now!!!

***JaSoN***

------------------
Oxford White 1998 F-150 STX, reg. cab, flareside, 4.2, auto, 3.55s, tint, Prestige alarm, Bel radar detector, Pioneer CD player, 4 Polk 5x7's, Stull billet grille and bumper insert, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N airfilter, V-Tech Tailight Covers(painted to match truck) Clear Corner Lenses FUTURE MODS: to indecisive to know for sure, but a FIPK and 2 in. shakles will be on by the end of December.

Old 11-29-1999, 08:51 PM
Cool

Unfortunately, I've been diagnosed with a case of the crack as well. I've gotta stop reading this message board. I would've been content thinking I had a simple paint blemish, but noooo!!!

------------------
99 XLT Black Ex-cab, Flareside, 5.4, ORP, 3.73, Gibson Supertruck, K&N, Raised front 1", Modified Airbox, Slap-Free Motor at @19k, Superchip on order

Quick Reply: I've Been Infected!!!!!!!!!!