Anyone with a MP3 HU

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with a MP3 HU

I am looking for a HU that plays MP3, do yall have any recomendations. Have yall had any trouble getting CD's to play
mp3 encoded or not. I like just having the single deck but hate swithching cd's all the time. Thanks

Old 06-05-2002, 03:26 PM
I have the JVC KD-SH99, and I have had no problems whatsoever. I bought it when it first came out. THe only thing I don't like about it is the silver face plate, which looks out of place in my truck. If I bought one now, I would get an Alpine or Clarion....these tend to have much cleaner sound than say JVC or sony....

Old 06-06-2002, 04:40 PM
I have a Pioneer 7400MP. matched with the MB Quart speakers, the sound is incredible. I love having over 150+ songs per CD. The Pioneer also is XM radio ready should you decide to go that route also.

Old 06-06-2002, 11:46 PM
I also have the pioneer DEH-7400MP, it is sweet a$$!!!

Old 06-10-2002, 05:29 PM
I have a Kenwood KDC-MP8017 and love it. Never had a problem playing a CD.

Old 06-11-2002, 11:15 PM
I have the Visteon Mach MP3 in dealer black:

http://www.radiosandmore.com/prod_de...2L5T-18C815-AA

Sounds fantastic and pretty much no theft risk - have it hooked up to and Alpine 4x75w amp and Bostons all around in a regular cab.

Radios and More got me the HU and the wiring harness I needed Next Day Air UPS, no shipping fees and no sales tax. Install was a breeze - the wiring harness is a Ford part and therefore fits perfectly. Dealer black makes it look like it came with the truck.

Old 06-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Hey devon...

which alpine amp are you running? I have the vpower xxxxx320 (not sure on exact number, but it's 4x75 + 180 Sub). If that's the one you have, are you running it on the speaker level inputs? If so again, do you get a little buzz in the speakers when the amp is on?

For everyone else:
I REALLY want to get the mach mp3 for my lightning since it'll look stock and just plug right in. My main concern is trying to find out if I can get them direct from ford or if I have to go through Visteon. I can get ford parts at cost so it may be cheaper for me if they do have them. Any idea? Part #s?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Thumbs up Certainly....

...hope this helps....

The amp is an Alpine MFP-200 ( i think) and yes, it is the 4x75 + 180 sub. I don't get a buzz in the speakers anymore, but I had to go back to the stereo place (Tweeter in Houston, Kirby location) that installed it to get the buzz fixed. I think they tried to run it on speaker level inputs to save a nickel ro two first time around. Mike Rios runs that shop and did an excellent job getting rid of the noise. I negotiated their help installing the Mach HU (I got it later than the speakers, dynamat, and amp) as part of the deal up front.

2L5T-18C815-AA is the part number for the stock black Mach MP3. The picture they show on that particular page (in my previous post, Radiosandmore.com) is not the stock black color, but it is the stock black one. Radios and More has it (www.radiosandmore.com) and you can search there to confirm the part number and, likely, the wiring harness. The harness I got through them was a perfect match for my '97 wiring and the Mach HU. Got the HU and harness for $425, no sales tax and overnight shipping (UPS, signature required) included. Fits the dash beautifully; and no thief is motivated to smash my window and take it.

Best wishes-

Old 06-15-2002, 10:18 AM
I picked up a Ford OEM from a ranger on Ebay. Install was a snap on my 2002 S-Crew. No problem with CDR media at all. I use the cheapest and it works.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a MP3 HU