Help spending $1500

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help spending $1500

Ok I have a 09 Ford f150 crew cab with four doors. I'm looking at putting a nice system in however I don't want to go over 1500.00. I want to keep my stock head unit as I like the functions and clean look. So I am going to be using a Caché COE6 its like a clean sweep but heard its better as it has 6 outputs. That's around 150.00 I have also found a speaker box that will go under my rear seat to hold two 10's there is another 150.00. I need help with a good set of 6 1/2 component speakers for the front and a set of 5x7 coaxial speakers for the rear door, and two 10" subs. Also will needhelp with amps. I've been told to run one for the front and rears and one for the two subs. I have heard good things about JL stuff but am limited on knowlege and that is why I'm here. I have no clue about how many watts I'm going to need either so if you guys don't mind helping me out with a good package I would be greatfull.My local shop wanted 2000.00 for a JL set up with a clean sweep. I like tinkering on my own stuff soI thought I could probably get a nicer system if I bought and installed it myself as long as I took my time. I'm 41 years old and won't be going to compititions or anything I listen to anything from hard rock to country. I'm just wanting a nice crisp and clean sounding system, as my stock system sounds muffledand muddy sounding. Thanks for your time and effort helping me out!
Scott

Last edited by X53Gunner; 01-20-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added year of truck
Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Heres what i would get...

Focal 165VB -299.00 (front doors)
Focal 130 CVX -154.99 (rear doors)
2 RE Audio SEX 104d's -149.99 ea. (subs)
RE Audio XTX 3000.1 -309.95 (mono for subs)
Rockford Fosgate P500-4 -259.99 (for doors)

Total is 1323.91 from sonix......if you do the make offer on some items you could save a few $$ too.....

Hook this all up to your C0E6 and it should sound awsome.......the tweets up high in the fronts will give you that crisp sound your looking for..

Last edited by Gtullous; 01-20-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
I seen in another post that you are running the foxbox for the subs...It appears to me that the foxbox has a deeper mounting depth then some of the other boxes is this true? Could you post a picture of the foxbox installed under your seats? Thanks !
Scott

Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X53Gunner
I seen in another post that you are running the foxbox for the subs...It appears to me that the foxbox has a deeper mounting depth then some of the other boxes is this true? Could you post a picture of the foxbox installed under your seats? Thanks !
Scott
X2 I'm thinking of ordering a fox box do you have any pics? How do you like it?

Old 01-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Yes...i do like the Foxbox...i have a couple pics in my gallery...I was able to fit 2 RE Audio SEX 10D4s in it but i had to remove the plastic magnet covers from the subs and cut the hole out 1/16th inch in box...The mounting depth is about 6 1/2'' deep...The box is well made and looks great...Its sprayed with linex and has a square port on passenger side...I think they do have pictures up over at the foxacustics site....I have my subs wired for 1 ohm on a 3000.1 RE xtx amp with the gain set at about 7 outta 10 and they sound really good....

Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 AM
JL Audio C5-570 ///////////////////////components for front doorsl
JL Audio C2-570x ////////////////////// coaxile for the rear doors
Foxbox ///////////////////////////////// 2x RE Audio SEX10D4 subs
Rockford Fosgate R400-4D ///////////4 channel amp
RE Audio XTX-3000.1 //////////////// Sub amp
Cache COE8////////////////////////// like the cleansweep so I can run stock HU

Is that the same 4 channel amp your using? Let me know what you think as I am new to nice sounding systems. I'm just looking for a good quality clean sounding system that will sound way better than stock! Thanks
Scott

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM
That should sound great.....The Rockford 4ch. im using is P400x4 and i have no complaints....The RE amp i bought to replace a Rockford P500x2 that i smoked running at 1 ohm...You will have plenty of bass with that sub/amp combo...You will have to cut the foxbox hole 1/16'' bigger...and remove plastic mag. covers from subs...(wife about siht when she saw me hacking up my brand new stuff) but they fit perfect after mod...I would also do some sound deadning on doors and back wall behind seat atleast...Helped my cabin noise some but i would like to remove seats and do floor also someday...I am adding a MS-8 processor (like the COE8 i think) for time correction mainly.. to see if it will improve the sound stage in my truck...I dont think you will be disapointed with the equipment your installing....It will for sure blow the stock system away....If you need help removing the plastic magnet covers from subs let me know and i can tell you how i did it....

Trending Topics

Old 01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for helping me out as I'm new to a lot of this however I'm pretty mechanical but wouldn't mind some help so I don't screw them up! LOL I'm assuming by taking the plastic mag covers off its not hurting the performance of the subs correct? Also do you think its to much bass. LOL I was going to go with a different box I found but most other boxes for our trucks you have to use a shallow sub and I'm not sure I will get the performance out of those. I have never had a system like this and I listen to a lot of Blues, Rock and Country not necessarily going to be thumping down the road on purpose. Just looking for the nice full clear sound... Ok I have to admit it would be cool to thump every now and then....Is there plenty of room behind the seats for the amps (don't want an over heat to cause a fire) also how much sound deadening material do you think I need for the four doors and back behind the seat.(also can I get away with out it for now to save on some cash). Can I also ask what gauge wire I will need to run from the battery to the amps (I'm looking at a dual amp installation kit to keep things simple for me) does the alternator in out trucks handle this system with no problems? Thanks again for all your help!!!!
Scott

Last edited by X53Gunner; 01-23-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: ask a couple of more questions
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Gtullous I also sent you a private msg. I have a feeling I'm going to be owing you some beers or somthing. Thanks!
Scott

Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Well this is what I ended up going with...

Precision Power P1000.1 -----Sub Amp

Precision Power P900.4------Door speaker amp

JL audio C5-570 components ----Front Door Speakers

JL audio C2-570 coaxial -------Rear Door Speakers

RE Audio SEX10D4--------- two 10" Subs

Ported FoxBox----------two 10" sub box for under rear seat.

Cache COE8------------enabling me to use stock head unit

Scott

Quick Reply: Help spending $1500