Charging Cell Phone using Line in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charging Cell Phone using Line in?

I was thinking and have come up with an idea that I would like to use, however I can not get from here to there without a little help.

I am thinking about using a car mount for my HTC Incredible then using the line in port in the tray to charge the phone. This would give me navigation and possibly Pandora at a later date.

Reason's are it would be a cleaner installation than running the traditional charger from the cigarette lighter up the front of the dash to charge the phone, use navigation via phone and the ability to see the thing ring when the music is to loud.

I have searched and Googled, but the option I am thinking seems so simple it should be easy to find a cable to make it work (no luck). So does anyone know or have done this before?

Truck = 2008 F-150 SCAB
Head Unit = Aftermarket Pioneer

Thank you for reading.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Thelaron
I was thinking and have come up with an idea that I would like to use, however I can not get from here to there without a little help.

I am thinking about using a car mount for my HTC Incredible then using the line in port in the tray to charge the phone. This would give me navigation and possibly Pandora at a later date.

Reason's are it would be a cleaner installation than running the traditional charger from the cigarette lighter up the front of the dash to charge the phone, use navigation via phone and the ability to see the thing ring when the music is to loud.

I have searched and Googled, but the option I am thinking seems so simple it should be easy to find a cable to make it work (no luck). So does anyone know or have done this before?

Truck = 2008 F-150 SCAB
Head Unit = Aftermarket Pioneer

Thank you for reading.
I thought the audio LINE-IN port was for listening to audio from your portable music player using its headphone jack. I don't see how you would charge your phone thru its headphone jack.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM
I was thinking the line in might not work, but was hoping someone had done something like this in a different fashion. Maybe like changing the line in port to a mini usb?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Buddy, there is no way you can charge for phone with an audio port. That line in is for audio only. And the same on your phone is for audio out.

Quick Reply: Charging Cell Phone using Line in?