Connecting my iPod....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting my iPod....

I already have the P.I.E. adaptor that goes from my CD changer output to RCA's and its hooked up to my Satellite radio. Can I buy a RCA splitter (For after the P.I.E.) and connect my iPod along with my Sat. Radio? I'm assuming the iPod would work as long as the Sat. is off correct!?

Thanks for any help, FRANK.

Last edited by GOT SCREWED; 06-03-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Yes but, one has to be off when using the other. If not it cuts the audio output and makes noise.

This is what I did:

I put a splitter in and tucked in in back they I drilled an aux connector next to the reverse alarm.

Works great. You just have to make sure the sattelite is turned off when you use the ipod and vice versa.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:49 AM
yes wawa is right just make sure one is off when the other is on

Old 06-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by GOT SCREWED
I already have the P.I.E. adaptor that goes from my CD changer output to RCA's and its hooked up to my Satellite radio. Can I buy a RCA splitter (For after the P.I.E.) and connect my iPod along with my Sat. Radio? I'm assuming the iPod would work as long as the Sat. is off correct!?

Thanks for any help, FRANK.
Another idea for you might be a A/V switch. Similiar to what you would use to connect multiple devices to a TV with only one set of inputs. It has 2-4 sets of RCA inputs and 1 set of RCA outputs. It would give you the advantage of being able to leave all of your components on.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 PM
What about the factory Sat Radio setup?

I am considering the adapter for use with a DVD player and MP3 player. I dont think I'll kepp the free Sirius radio after it expires, however I may want to and wanted to know if there was a predetermined way to use the aux adapter and keep the fatory sat radio?

Last edited by hllon4whls; 06-13-2006 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Connecting my iPod....