Radio in 1995 F-series; needs replaced

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio in 1995 F-series; needs replaced

I have a 1995 f-series truck that has a bad radio. I want to replace it with a decent unit with a cd player in it that will read mp3 cd's. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or ideas. I have the old radio out but how hard is it for me to get a new radio hooked up? BTY, the old unit was F4TF-18C815-AC if that means anythign to anyone. It had a cd player. The connectors on the back were two 8 pin type connecters. One was one long row of 9 pins, the other was two short rows of 4 pins.

Thanks!
Deryk.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Well puttin' in a new radio won't be hard if your good with a solder gun or good at crimping butt connectors...lol

Anyways when you buy a new radio It comes with its wiring harness and usually all you have to do is buy another harness(or 2) for your vehicle and normally all the wires are color coded so all you do is solder (or crimp) the wires together, plug the harnesses together and pop in your radio(you might have to buy an install kit with a plastic spacer, but it not hard to put in)

Or you can buy a cd player at Best Buy(if there is one in your area) over $99 and they will install it for free if it is advertised in their ad (which it usally is). Circuit City also does the same thing...

BTW: stay away from DUAL brand radios

Old 12-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Pioneer makes great decks...

Old 12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I got a Pioneer DEH 4600MP, Plays MP3's and wma's. Pretty nice deck IMO. Price is about 140.

Quick Reply: Radio in 1995 F-series; needs replaced