Painting window deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painting window deflectors

I just ordered some window deflectors that can be painted if desired. I would like to paint them to match my trucks paint. I was wondering if anyone sells paint in spray cans that will match. My truck is Pacific Green with a metallic clear coat to be exact. If this is one of those jobs I have to pay a bundle to have some paint jocky do, I think I can live with them being tinted black. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-02-2002, 09:49 PM
I got my paint from Paintscratch and thought it matched perfectly, but you can be the judge.

Make sure you get the flex additive (its free). I didn't buy their clearcoat - thought it was kind of pricey. I just went to Wal-Mart and spent $3.00 or so on a can there.

One can of paint was enough to do all 4 of my window shades and my bugshield.

Old 08-22-2002, 04:12 PM
Prep for painting Acrylic?

JDMnAR - Did you have to do any special prep before painting your bugshield? I have ordered the "clear" Lund shield and the Paintscratch spray paint.

Old 08-22-2002, 04:31 PM
I used a very fine sandpaper to rough up the surface a little bit on the visors so the paint would adhere better. Don't know if I needed to or not, but figured it wouldn't hurt. Just wiped it down good after that to make sure there wasn't any dust or anything left on it before I painted it. All I did on the bugshield was wipe it down. I didn't want to sand it, thinking that any scratches in the surface might still show once the paint was on it since I was painting the back side of a clear shield.

Quick Reply: Painting window deflectors