Portable gun vault?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portable gun vault?

I seem to recall this being discussed earlier but I couldn't seem to find it... I'm looking at adding one of these to my F-150... anyone used one? I saw one at Cabelas and they seem to be pretty well constucted... still not sure how I'll mount it but I'll figure a way.
http://www.gunvault.com/mini_vault.html

Old 10-21-2001, 10:28 PM
I've been looking at installing one either under the rear seat or under a console in the front. Not sure how accessable it would be in either spot. Here in Massachusetts you can't leave a handgun unattended in a vehicle anyway but it would come in handy i'd bet.

Ed

Old 10-31-2001, 04:46 PM
Check out this site - http://www.handgunsafe.com/.
I bought one for my home and love it. I'm thinking about buying one for my SuperCrew. They use a simplex lock (punch key sequence) - not some battery operated (prone to fail) lock. They use heavy duty construction and the door is recessed to prevent someone from trying to pry it open - some other safes don't have this feature. If you bolt it down, it ain't coming out.

Old 11-04-2001, 09:55 PM
mattadams,

Well hot damn, a subject I know something about. I may not know that my lug studs are 14mm, but I sure as hell know that my 9mm is well.....9mm...But 9mms are really good for concealed carry. For home protection a shotgun is necessary, backed up by a .45 for close quarters combat..

Anyhooz, that other post about Handgunsafe.com is right on. I forget which magazine, Guns N' Ammo I think, did an in-depth review, and this one was the only one they COULD NOT break open in the 1 or 2 hours they had to do so. I personally own two in my house. I would presume the car version they make is of the same high quality. The reason I did not get it is that I didn't want any significant drilling (which will be required to bolt it in) on my brand new baby. After the 36k is over I'm going ***** to the wall on everything.

I would also suggest with something like that that you weld it in, or freeze the bolts so it can never be removed. The bad thing about lock boxes is that they are conspicuous enough to guarantee discovery by a criminal. If they have the time, they can undo what you did. And then you've got a criminal running around with your gun that has your prints on it...I mean, given enough time I'm sure they could get it open. Nothing is indestructible...Except for Superman and ****roaches

Last edited by cpadpl; 11-04-2001 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:22 AM
Thumbs up

Don't forget to check out TruckVault. I've had one in the back of my last two trucks. They are making vaults that fit under the interior seats now. http://www.truckvault.com/products/item.asp?m_id=401

Old 11-16-2001, 07:50 PM
I have a Gun Vault in my home that houses my SigSauer 9mm. They are very well constructed,a little pricey though. Gander Mountain sells them also. I bought mine several years ago from the maunfacturer cause I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Quick Reply: Portable gun vault?