HELP!?!?!? Performance Sparkplugs 2008 F-150 5.4 w/ OEM redesigned heads

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, nobody has helped here. The best thing to do is some research of your own. Opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one. Good Luck.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by huron_robert
A few weeks ago i went and bought 2 sets E3's (E3.70 to be exact) of for my uncles 07' and my 08' f-150's both with the 5.4L V8. (Yes i was gonna bite the bullet and change the dreaded OEM spark plugs that everyone is scared off) My uncle works at a ford dealership so we made a deal that if we broke some of my sparkplugs or his we would help eachother out to get the broke plugs out since he has all the tools. Well long story short my coil pack boots where brown and his where black which meant mine where a different since and WAY SMALLER than the older OEM. I went on and called E3 and they said they where sorry but they have still not made a replacement for a motor that has been out going on 3 yrs.

Okay i need help guys i'm wanting to change out the OEM's for a performance spark plug. I've been looking at the Bosch Platinum +4 or the Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion, but i can't really find a difference. I'm thinking the +4 is the best one out there, but i can't find any info or ACTUALLY models #'s for my engine which is with the new remade heads w/ smaller spark plugs. (at least there a one piece..haha)

Do you guys know the model # or better spark plugs with actually data backing it up.

Thanks in advance for your info

What exactly are you looking for?
Burn the fuel faster/hotter?

Your truck is not meant to have those so called "performance" plugs.
Your Uncle works there did he not tell you this?

I actually have seen damage from those other plugs. They might burn hotter but that will make them seize up faster.
The technology is in your truck already, plugs are a waste.

The Motorcraft ones are the perfect ones for you.

If you want performance try gears-programmer-intake-exhaust etc...

PS.
People on here aren't normally rude unless they know you didn't look in the older posts for answers, or you just don't take the advice.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by HamboneFX4
What exactly are you looking for?
Burn the fuel faster/hotter?

Your truck is not meant to have those so called "performance" plugs.
Your Uncle works there did he not tell you this?

I actually have seen damage from those other plugs. They might burn hotter but that will make them seize up faster.
The technology is in your truck already, plugs are a waste.

The Motorcraft ones are the perfect ones for you.

If you want performance try gears-programmer-intake-exhaust etc...

PS.
People on here aren't normally rude unless they know you didn't look in the older posts for answers, or you just don't take the advice.

Well after looking at your pics you have done those haha..

Old 11-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ There really is a lot of great info on this forum. I recommend listening to the majority...

Old 11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Well after looking at your pics you have done those haha..
Yes sir i have already done those..jaja, but as per the reason why i want to change them is for "efficiency" of burning all the fuel being pumped into the manifold (Better gas mileage w/ better efficiency = kudos in my book). which of course we all know that stock OEM parts are always so safely made that they aren't being made to otimize its fullest potential. so if you put the best parts in your engine and drivetrain then it will last longer than using safe and sulgish parts. and i've kept intouch with E3 and they're saying 2-3 months for the sparkplugs for the 5.4L 3V w/ brown boot covers since they are in testing with it as we speak. as per the rudeness i think the full color and damage has been done. I honestly used to look up to this forum for the latest and best aftermarket parts and insite on F-150's.

@ Cbmotorsports i couldn't agree with you more sir alot of "Opinions" must be taking care of this forum

Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
You just didn't like what you were being told and refused to listen.

What does your uncle who works at the dealership say to use?

What makes you think using a non-OEM spark plus will burn the fuel any better than a new OEM plug?

Do you run 93 octane with the OEM tune because the 93 is "better" than 87?

- NCSU

Edited to add: In English, it's "haha" not "jaja".

Old 11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
You just didn't like what you were being told and refused to listen.

What does your uncle who works at the dealership say to use?

What makes you think using a non-OEM spark plus will burn the fuel any better than a new OEM plug?

Do you run 93 octane with the OEM tune because the 93 is "better" than 87?

- NCSU

Edited to add: In English, it's "haha" not "jaja".
I have been listening to all the fellas that turn wrenches, and for about 6 months of hearing about it, feeling the power gains, and seeing the mileage boosts on our trips out of town (especially going up-hill) i then turned to you guys. I don't care about truth i'm a very blunt person, but back with real life experiences or data sheets and not just straight beligerent bashing.

I do run 93 octance w/ my 93 octance setting from my superchip 1865

P.S. JAJAJA (thanks for the new sig)

Old 11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes sir i have already done those..jaja, but as per the reason why i want to change them is for "efficiency" of burning all the fuel being pumped into the manifold (Better gas mileage w/ better efficiency = kudos in my book). which of course we all know that stock OEM parts are always so safely made that they aren't being made to otimize its fullest potential. so if you put the best parts in your engine and drivetrain then it will last longer than using safe and sulgish parts. and i've kept intouch with E3 and they're saying 2-3 months for the sparkplugs for the 5.4L 3V w/ brown boot covers since they are in testing with it as we speak. as per the rudeness i think the full color and damage has been done. I honestly used to look up to this forum for the latest and best aftermarket parts and insite on F-150's.

@ Cbmotorsports i couldn't agree with you more sir alot of "Opinions" must be taking care of this forum

Thanks for the Kind advice on how engines work.

You also said your Uncle worked for Ford, what did he say?
I have a friend who is a little older but retired from Ford 2 years ago and he says that OEM is the way to go on these plugs.

Does the cost outweigh the benifit?
How Long will it take you to recoop the extra $$ you spend on these plugs?

Old 11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the Kind advice on how engines work.

You also said your Uncle worked for Ford, what did he say?
I have a friend who is a little older but retired from Ford 2 years ago and he says that OEM is the way to go on these plugs.

Does the cost outweigh the benifit?
How Long will it take you to recoop the extra $$ you spend on these plugs?
Uncle is running them and he says he is really feeling the better response and pull especially uphill.

Factory eplacement costed $21 and the E3 13

Old 11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
uncle is running them and he says he is really feeling the better response and pull especially uphill.

Factory eplacement costed $21 and the e3 13
please delete this useless thread

Old 11-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amen, brother

Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Uncle is running them and he says he is really feeling the better response and pull especially uphill.
I have been listening to all the fellas that turn wrenches, and for about 6 months of hearing about it, feeling the power gains, and seeing the mileage boosts on our trips out of town (especially going up-hill) i then turned to you guys. I don't care about truth i'm a very blunt person, but back with real life experiences or data sheets and not just straight beligerent bashing.

If the fellas you know can feel the difference in power by just replacing spark plugs are either truly gifted, or more likely, lying. They may "think" they're pulling harder, but like you, I like truth, not somebody's opinion. Show us with a dyno graph, if the other plugs are so much better, I'm sure some body has proved it with hard data right?

Then you say stuff like:
...which of course we all know that stock OEM parts are always so safely made that they aren't being made to otimize its fullest potential. so if you put the best parts in your engine and drivetrain then it will last longer than using safe and sulgish parts...
followed by:
I do run 93 octance w/ my 93 octance setting from my superchip 1865
A 93 octane superchip canned tune? You probably think that's the best there is too? Odds are you'll see more power by getting a custom tune than you will with aftermarket "performance" spark plugs.

- NCSU

Old 11-11-2010, 03:06 PM
A 93 octane superchip canned tune? You probably think that's the best there is too? Odds are you'll see more power by getting a custom tune than you will with aftermarket "performance" spark plugs.

- NCSU[/QUOTE]

Just so we are clear..
Running a higher octane/performance plugs may boost performance a little but..
Is it truely the best thing for your vehicle?

Will that help it run LONGER? Not faster, longer??

I think the thing that is going to happen fastest is you screw up your engine.

Woohoo keep pushing till it blows

Old 09-03-2011, 01:09 PM
as for performance plugs no such thing there are just different types of plugs for different applications. As far as the 5.4 triton engine the issue is with the two piece motorcraft plug ford used. they have the potential of breaking in half. also the 2004-2008 head design wasnt the best where the two rear spark plugs had very little thread depth for the plug. there is a kit you can get to lenghten it and avoid the blowing out and stripping and breaking of the plug. But all in all the best way to go for the 5.4 is to find a one piece design plug that is oem replacement as to avoind the feared breaking plugs.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MRTUNA
as for performance plugs no such thing there are just different types of plugs for different applications. As far as the 5.4 triton engine the issue is with the two piece motorcraft plug ford used. they have the potential of breaking in half. also the 2004-2008 head design wasnt the best where the two rear spark plugs had very little thread depth for the plug. there is a kit you can get to lenghten it and avoid the blowing out and stripping and breaking of the plug. But all in all the best way to go for the 5.4 is to find a one piece design plug that is oem replacement as to avoind the feared breaking plugs.
You are referring to the pre-04 engines (2v) that had this problem,not the 04-08

Quick Reply: HELP!?!?!? Performance Sparkplugs 2008 F-150 5.4 w/ OEM redesigned heads