BLACKOUT trucks post pics here

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06lariat4x4
man there are some really nice trucks on here i cant wait to get mine finished... bumpers front and rear are on there way and nfab prerunner light bar with saleen grill are on the way only thing left will be tint the windows and i should be good for a bit plus i need to get back form this deployment hehe. nice trucks though guys
sounds like a tough truck be sure to post pics when your done....

Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd09stx
i know its a black out thread but 2, yeah 2....
i like that little bit of chrome it gives some contrast

Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where do you guys get the black FX4 decal for the rear.. how hard is it to get the stock one off ?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Powers150
i like that little bit of chrome it gives some contrast
Totally agree...looks great!

Here's mine:

Though this one is pre-glossy B's:

Here's what it looked like originally...

Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by millertime4060
where do you guys get the black FX4 decal for the rear.. how hard is it to get the stock one off ?
Patriotdecals.com! They are the best company i have ever dealt with. Some of the best service i've ever come across. I ordered the wrong item, and even though it was my mistake, they corrected it. Great people to deal with! Removal isn't too hard. I used a steam gun and it came right off, then used some goo b gone and it was perfect. Hope this helps

Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 AM
i agree check my pics for black fx4 decals

Old 02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
X2 on Patriot Decals. They do some great work and their prices are very reasonable.

I used my wifes hair dryer to take mine off. You can use your finger nail to get them started and then with a small amount of heat, they will peel right off. I did not have to use anything else on mine because they came off cleanly.

Here is my truck after I removed the FX4 stickers.

KR-Texas

Old 02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I hope I do this right... Long time lurker, first time poster. This is my favorite thread I check it every day almost. GREAT trucks!! Just hoping to see some more ideas for my truck...

Old 02-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by RJcavF150
Patriotdecals.com! They are the best company i have ever dealt with. Some of the best service i've ever come across. I ordered the wrong item, and even though it was my mistake, they corrected it. Great people to deal with! Removal isn't too hard. I used a steam gun and it came right off, then used some goo b gone and it was perfect. Hope this helps
i agree when i did it i ran a piece of blue tape along the top of my old decal so i knew where to put the new one on then just measured off the back or the truck for distance front to back

Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RJcavF150
thanks !!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Now I am really excited to get going on mine. Unfortunately I still have a payment on the truck, a mortgage, and now a wedding to plan for, but hopefully I'll get things going soon. I think it will come together nicely with the deep blue base setting. I haven't seen many of the deep blue metallic trucks blacked out.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
I have the exact same chrome bars. How did yo go about getting them black?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Originally Posted by carolinaboy32

Remove that FX4 sticker or get a darker one, paint mirror caps & crack those fogs open and paint em' black and you're good to go

Great looking truck Bro
Thanks! Ya I have been meaning to get rid of the FX4 decal but haven't gotten around to it, been too busy buying and doing the bigger costlier stuff I have been planning on doing something with the fogs and fender flares as well.

Originally Posted by 2wd 'Slanger
Beautiful
Thanks for the kind words! Glad u all like it...Its my baby!
Originally Posted by KR-Texas
Great looking truck!!! I like the color scheme.

To finish it off, you should black out your badges and paint your fender flairs to match the color of the truck.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ap...lays-pics.html

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ap...ruck-pics.html

Another easy idea is to black out your exhaust tips.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ex...tips-pics.html

I also removed my FX4 stickers in anticipation of buying black ones, but I liked it so much without them, I never put these on.

KR-Texas
haha all the stuff you mentioned I have been seriously contemplating! Just gotta get time to do it. I want to do something about my fender flares, but not sure painting these ones is the answer for me...I hate the textured style. I want some smooth ones painted DSG. I also really want to do the fogs black but have heard its kind of a pain to tape off then there is problems with the chrome wanting to flake when u pull the tape back off....Oh how I envy those round fogs the newer models have. And for the badges, I really want to do the 09+ model badge conversion.
By the way I LOVE your truck, very tastefully done. I like those Rockstars on there, I contemplated getting those but decided to go with Moto Metals instead. Now you just need a black billet fuel door and some black tail lights. Also, would u be willing to part with those custom FX4 decals?

p.s. thanks for the input!

Last edited by 700hauler; 02-22-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by 700hauler
haha all the stuff you mentioned I have been seriously contemplating! Just gotta get time to do it. I want to do something about my fender flares, but not sure painting these ones is the answer for me...I hate the textured style. I want some smooth ones painted DSG. I also really want to do the fogs black but have heard its kind of a pain to tape off then there is problems with the chrome wanting to flake when u pull the tape back off....Oh how I envy those round fogs the newer models have. And for the badges, I really want to do the 09+ model badge conversion.
By the way I LOVE your truck, very tastefully done. I like those Rockstars on there, I contemplated getting those but decided to go with Moto Metals instead. Now you just need a black billet fuel door and some black tail lights. Also, would u be willing to part with those custom FX4 decals?

p.s. thanks for the input!
Since that picture, I bought the Harley Davidson Tails and a Dark Gray third tail light.

I bought the custom FX4 decals at Patriotdecals.com and they were $36 for the set. They will make them any color and you can have them say pretty much anything you want.

http://www.patriotdecals.com/Pages/Truck.html

KR-Texas

Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by 700hauler
updated pics of my blacked out DSG:

third break light where did you get it?

Quick Reply: BLACKOUT trucks post pics here