Ridiculously sensitive alarm (valet question)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ridiculously sensitive alarm (valet question)

Howdy all.

Thought I'd ask a question about something I've dealt with for the past few years and haven't bothered to fix.

The OEM alarm on my KR is ridiculously sensitive. If someone closes a car door too hard nearby, it'll go off. If a rice burner drive within (what seems like) two miles and it'll go off. In fact, it went off one night when my next door neighbor honked his horn. It's even gone off when its parked in my garage and I close the garage door.

On top of all of this, even if I don't set the alarm when I walk away it seems to turn itself on. (IE, I close the door, don't lock it and walk away. The door doesn't lock, but the alarm still sets.)

I know a Ford dealership can adjust the sensitivity, but in the meantime, I'd like to figure out how to turn on the valet, so I can at least lock the truck when I'm out and about without worrying about it going off 1000 times.

I've read the manual two times through it seems and can't find out how to turn on the valet. I've found the switch though...just can't figure out the process for turning it on/off.

Help?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Doesnt sound like a factory alarm. The factory alarm to my knowledge is just Keyless entry with door intrusion and a PATS system. Aftermarket has adjustable levels of sensitivity, and the valet switch to disable security.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:16 PM
yeah only aftermarket alarms come with the shock senser i believe.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
For the record, I found another manual just for this alarm while digging through all the stuff I got when the truck was purchased. This is obviously a dealer upgraded alarm, as it has Ford logos on the instructions, but is competely different than the alarm mentioned in the normal F-150 manual. Most likely, it is an aftermarket alarm that Ford pays to put their name on.

The answer to the valet question is to put the key in the ignition and turn the truck to "ON" position then back to "OFF" three times in a row within 10 seconds.

Quick Reply: Ridiculously sensitive alarm (valet question)