Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Paragon Offroading meet September 8th-10th

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paragon Offroading meet September 8th-10th

PenguinFX4 origianlly started this thread but figured i would make a new one since there hasnt been any replies in the old one...
i copied his post an made a few adjustments.

It's official!

We're setting up a meet in Hazelton, PA for the weekend of September 8th through September 10th. We'll be meeting Friday night at the campground for some light partying. Saturday, we'll spend a few hours going through the park on some level 1 trails. Saturday night we can do some more drinking and remincing the day's events. Sunday we'll plan on a BBQ at the campground.

Here's a link to Paragon for some details. http://www.paragonap.com/
We won't be doing anything extreme on this trip, so you need not worry about body damage and repairs. I went last weekend with a group of mostly stock Titans and we came out with no scars.

Here's a link to the campground: http://www.gocampingamerica.com/redridgelake/

...and just to get you'all interested, here's a quick video of some of what PenguinFX4 did. http://media.putfile.com/Paragon-Compilation

We need a minimum of 3 trucks to qualify as a group for Paragon. It's $35 for a driver for the entire day and $5 for each passenger.

Once we get a few people signed up, we'll start planning on who can bring what supplies for the BBQ, etc.

For those of you who do not want to sleep in the campground, there are a number of local hotels with "Paragon" discounted rated (like $70 compared to a normal $100).

So, who's with me on this adventure!?!?!?!?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 AM
an on a side note, if this weekend wont work, then sept 1st-3rd or sept 22nd-24th are also good weekends. also I have atleast 3 trucks wanting to go, so we do have the minium for a group already.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Sounds good to me. I think we should try to get a count of how many will be going soon so we can make arrangements at the campground so we can get the sites all together.

Would anyone mind if a Toyota showed up? My buddy has been dying to go to Paragon.

So come on guys, lets make it happen this time

BREW

Old 07-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Sounds good to me. I think we should try to get a count of how many will be going soon so we can make arrangements at the campground so we can get the sites all together.

Would anyone mind if a Toyota showed up? My buddy has been dying to go to Paragon.

So come on guys, lets make it happen this time

BREW
No problem with the toyota at all, i have a chevy coming aswell
I figure by august 1st one of us can call ahead an get that setup. If someone else decides they want to go after that i dont think it will be a problem to just add them.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm in for th 8th-10th!!!!! CAN'T wait!!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Corbin1357
I'm in for th 8th-10th!!!!! CAN'T wait!!
Cool...hopefully we get a bunch of guys from here to go. THis is gonnabe a fun weekend.

Corbin, where are you from?

BREW

Old 07-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Well the wife has given me preliminary approval so I'm in.

Unless something comes up.

I'll ask my Brother in law - he has a Ranger.

Should be great.

Trending Topics

Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Cool...looks like it's gonna work out this time. Should deff. be fun.

BREW

Old 07-18-2006, 03:48 PM
South Plainfield!!

Old 07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
agreed! lookin forward to this!!! bring friends an all who want to go, looks like we have 6 or so atm!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 AM
As a general rule, I try to stay away from this forum at all costs.

However, most the folks in the NE seem pretty cool (ie - not retarded rednecks).

I'll try to make this meet.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Penguin,

Are you still worked up over that whole Titan thread bit? (I think it got deleted by the way)

I don't really remember the content but it isn't something to hold onto.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
Penguin,

Are you still worked up over that whole Titan thread bit? (I think it got deleted by the way)

I don't really remember the content but it isn't something to hold onto.

I was wondering why he made that comment.....Although I still don't know why. I must have missed the thread you are refering to.

Anyway....everyone still on for this meet???

Do we need to make plans with the campground? Plans for Paragon?

BREW

Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 AM
yup. were still on! one way or another im goin reguardless!!! so make plans, an i figure around august 1st should give plenty of time for everyone to say yay or nay about goin, an can schedule it with them then. unless you wanna do it sooner thats fine with me.

also do we wanna start a list of whos goin an emails aswell? or no...

an penquinfx4, im not sure what happened in that thread, but it would be great if you could go. its about offroading, so what it was mostly titans still trucks offroad having fun!! screw what others may have said!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Vader:

No, I am not "worked up" over that thread (btw - I requested the deletion of the thread). I don't take anything too seriously, especially comments made in jest. I can take a joke and I have a pretty good sense of humor.

What you need to realize is that SOME of those people were not kidding. Some people on this forum are so incredibly ignorant that they have this ridiculous attitude that a "Ford" truck is the greatest thing since packaged cheese and foreign vehicles are all total crap.

That's fine to have that opinion... provided that you have some basic idea of factual basis to support that position. Some of these guys have never driven a Tundra, Titan, or even another american truck for that matter. They have no experience with them, no objective data, and no ground to stand on. Yet, they are the first to share their absurd beliefs with everyone that will listen.

It is that kind of representation that makes me embarassed to be associated with other Ford owners. I've owned Hondas, Nissans, Chebbies, Mercuries, Toyotas, Fords, Dodges, Acuras, etc... You know what? I liked certain things about all of them and with the exception of the Chevy Beretta I owned, NONE of them were worthy of such terrible comments.

At the end of the day, I know that my wife's Titan is something that is nicer than anything 90% of those jerkoffs that made rude comments will ever own in their entire lives... so it really doesn't get under my skin. Comments like, "that's what you get when you let a **** pick your vehicle" bother me because the human waste that made it has no idea who my wife is or what her talents/knowledge might be. It's the total ignorance that is anoyying. Most people would think it is pretty cool that my little wife drives a lifted truck with 35s...

Honestly, I have a pretty good idea who was kidding and who was serious. It's the people who are serious about it that give other F-150 owners a bad name.

Quick Reply: Paragon Offroading meet September 8th-10th