Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Paragon Offroading meet September 8th-10th

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1muddytruck
Hi all,

I've been watching the Pre-1997 forum for months, and never stopped over here. I just stumbled onto this thread, and it looks to me like there's some fun brewin. You got room for another truck? If it's not too late I'd be up for some wheelin. There'll be a large cooler full of Pottsville's finest in the offering to sweeten the deal if it sways the jury...

Sure thing man, the more trucks the better.

So there you have it....we all agree we would love to have you along. I'll add you to the list.

BREW

Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool. I see that you guys are riding in some nice rigs. I am glad you don't mind having a token ugly rig in the group (I imagine it'll make yours look even better!)

Does everyone in this group know Paragon's rules? There are a few things to know if you haven't been there before. See this page for details:

http://www.paragonap.com/p_explore_rules.htm

Note the battery hold down rule(they ALWAYS check for this!), the minor policy, the tow strap policy (no metal hooks or hardware allowed on straps!).

Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
OK... HERES THE UPDATED LIST

Brewdude .................. 2 trucks .................camping / 1 site
WOLF17..................... 1 trucks .................camping / 1 site
Corbin1357..................1 truck....................camping / 1 site
Vader716................... 2 trucks ? ..................camping / 1 site
1muddytruck................1 truck....................camping / 1 site
PenguinFX4...????????

BREW

Old 08-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Hey guys, just thought I'd bring this back up to the top. Anyone have any changes to the amount of people or vehicles going? Any other suggestions for anything??

I just bought my tent today some sleeping bags, air mattresses and some chairs. I guess I need to get some kind of stove or grill or something to cook on.

When are you guys planning on getting to the campsite? I'm gonna try to leave early on friday so I can get setup during daylight then chill by the fire with a beer

BREW

I've got to work friday plus a 2 1/2 hr drive so I'll be there about 8

I have a Colman stove and a portable charcoal grill I'll be bring!!

Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
The rules don't look like anything we wouldn't be able to abide by, so no problem there. I guess the orange flags are for sale at the park. I see a few trucks with them and the word "PARAGON" is printed on them....

I'm all set..I can't wait. I'm going to buy a tow strap this week since they say you need at least one per group. I'm sure some of you guys may already have one, but I really need one for myself anyway. I also have a 128 qt cooler I'm bringing, so if anyone needs room for anything, i'm sure I'll have it. If everyone doesn't feel like dragging their coolers to the park, we could just load up my big one and just take that to the park...

What are you guys bringing to cook on/with? I don't have a camping stove and not sure I want to buy one. I may buy one of those cheap little round charcoal grills. Oh yeh...and some nice steaks for Saturday night

BREW

Last edited by BREWDUDE; 08-02-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Steaks? Wow...guess I'll have to get some then.

I was just gonna bring dogs and cut a stick.

Guess I'll bring a camping stove too then...I usually camp very lightly so I'll stop off and get some food & stuff.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm gettin stoked. Thanks for letting me in. Yes, the flags are for sale there (I recall they were $10-$15), but they come with limited mounting options. I just tie wrap mine to my ladder rack.

I have a coleman stove and a couple of iron skillets. It works pretty good. We fed 9 hungry campers with it up at the Delaware Water Gap just last week. I also have a gas camping grill, and a propane coffee percolator setup

Old 08-02-2006, 12:15 PM
How are ya'll gonna mount the flags? My truck is stock so you guys know what I'm working with. I was just going to use the antenna

Old 08-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
How are ya'll gonna mount the flags? My truck is stock so you guys know what I'm working with. I was just going to use the antenna

Thats what I was gonna do. I seen a few pictures on the site and thats what most guys were doing.

Oh, about the steaks....a kids gotta eat

Maybe I'll just get some real good sirloin burgers instead, it might be easier.

BREW

Old 08-02-2006, 12:36 PM
We dont need more than one grill do we?

I might have one of them small ones around.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
We dont need more than one grill do we?

I might have one of them small ones around.

Prolly not, but I'll try to get one and bring it anyway. Just in case my steaks are to big

Hey, did you get a tow strap? I'm looking at the Pro Comp one. Trying to find the cheapest place on the net. Any ideas?

BREW

Last edited by BREWDUDE; 08-03-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I also have an open fire grate, for cooking over the campfire. Excellent for steaks, burgers, italian sausage, etc.

I bought my Pro-Comp strap locally because I needed it fast, and I paid through the nose for it. 4wheelparts.com seems pretty cheap. If you don't mind switching to a different brand, SummitRacing has one much cheaper made by Highland.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I was looking at this one:

This is the highest quality recovery strap you can buy, period. Built to standards set by the Web Sling & Tie Down Association. All straps are sewn to the association specifications, and has the associations certificate on the label.

Our Heavy Duty 100% Nylon Recovery Straps feature Military Spec sewn in high tenacity nylon wear guards on the loops. One of the nice features of this strap is that the wear guards are reversable. if you see wear or damage on one side of the wear guard. The design of the loops allows the wear guards to be easily reversed further extending the life of the strap.

Each strap has 4 overload indicator threads sewn in. Overload indicators work by sticking thru the webbing if the strap as been over pulled. Some webbing used in recovery straps only has 1 overload indicator or none at all. Because our strap has overload indicators in the center and at the edge of the strap. You will know if you have overloaded and weakened the strap even if you only overloaded the edge and not the middle of the strap.

Our 3" Straps are rated for up to 27,000 lb's of pull and will stretch 20 to 25% during a pull, storing more energy to extract the stuck vehicle. This superior elasticity makes ****** recoverys easier allowing the pulling vehicle to use slower, safer speeds during the recovery operation.

Each Strap comes with a high quality nylon belt to keep your strap secure while being stored.

When you use this strap to pull out a stuck truck the strap stretches, energy builds in the strap which is released as the strap returns to its normal length, the result is more pulling power with less stress on the pulling truck.

This is a must have tool for anyone driving off Road.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 PM
All right I guess I wont need a grill....I'll grab some food or something...steaks...etc...

We can finalize all that stuff as we get closer I guess.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:17 PM
so dogs an burgers seem set. anything u want me to bring?

Quick Reply: Paragon Offroading meet September 8th-10th