Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Wheres New jersey

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking to see if I could put the audiophile in if the harnesses exist. So far I guess my truck is not prewired for it. I have the speaker cutouts for it but cant seem to find any harness. Im debating on putting my alpine back in and getting an amp, not sure if I want a sub though. As for your exhaust did you buy a kit or just the muffler? Im debating on what to do with the exhaust.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by smkeater
I was looking to see if I could put the audiophile in if the harnesses exist. So far I guess my truck is not prewired for it. I have the speaker cutouts for it but cant seem to find any harness. Im debating on putting my alpine back in and getting an amp, not sure if I want a sub though. As for your exhaust did you buy a kit or just the muffler? Im debating on what to do with the exhaust.

Do it man, noting beats an Alpine. I had my exhaust done by a guy up in Atco. He welded in a Flowmaster 40 series, pipe and 3.5"SS tips. He charged me like $350 I think

BREW

Old 08-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
I have 2 amps. A Rockford Fosgate 800ma for my subs and an Alpine F450 ( I think) for my doors. I'm running 4ga. from the battery back to a fused distribution block, then 8ga from there to each amp. And yes, I rewired my doors with all new speaker wire. It was really easy to do. Plus, I like to be able to put the truck back to stock if/when I trade it. I'm actually hoping to get it all donw this coming weekend. Ive had my back seat ripped out for almost 2 weeks now. I just cant seem to find time to get to it. Oh wll, a little at a time I guess. But It will be done this coming weekend. No way in hell am I going to Paragon with my truck torn apart..HAHA

BREW

Lets see pictures of this project your working on!!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by 150Lariat2000
Lets see pictures of this project your working on!!!!

I'll see what I can do. I really want to get it done this weekend but it looks like it's going to rain. If It rais, I'll still do it, Just not sure I'll take the time to get pictures, ya know

BREW

Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Im gonna try to work on my stereo this weekend, good thing I have a 12x12 ez-up tent. I think Im gonna put the Alpine 250 in not looking for overly loud just crisp and clean maybe will add sub later on. Gonna also add the alpine componets to the door since the cutouts and grill are already there for the tweeters. Brew did the guy at Atco make your duals or did you buy the kit. Im debating on either buying a kit or just the muffler and having my local muff shop who did my last series 40 do it not sure if they make the duals and what size are your exit pipes.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Im gonna try to work on my stereo this weekend, good thing I have a 12x12 ez-up tent. I think Im gonna put the Alpine 250 in not looking for overly loud just crisp and clean maybe will add sub later on. Gonna also add the alpine componets to the door since the cutouts and grill are already there for the tweeters. Brew did the guy at Atco make your duals or did you buy the kit. Im debating on either buying a kit or just the muffler and having my local muff shop who did my last series 40 do it not sure if they make the duals and what size are your exit pipes.

Damn...bring that tent down to my house will ya??

The guy in Atco is the brother in-law of a guy I work with. I told him I wanted it to look good and sound good. I took a shot and trusted him, since my buddy here told me it would be good and if I didn't like it he would fix it. So I dropped the truck off in the morning and then picked it up that night. I was and still am, very happy with it. I did't buy a kit or anything. He had everything. He put the 40 series in and then welded in pipe from the muffler to the SS tips and welded them in also. It looks great and is really strong. The pipes don't move around at all. I put a cat back kit on my 04 and the left side tailpipe and tip always bounced around like it was loose.

For the price of a kit and install, you can just have someone weld everything in for you alot cheaper. Have you looked in my gallery? If you want more pics or want to see it in person let me know...

I forget where you are again, but if you're close to Atco and want this guys number, let me know.

BREW

Last edited by BREWDUDE; 08-30-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Im in Freehold, the local Meineke shop is good they do alot of retro's they are sound as well. Last time I used a custom shop for my magnaflo and it was a **** poor install everything rattled. When I had my 40 installed they had to rdo the hangers and stuff because they were installed wrong. Probably be cheap to do from them as well. Just for fun you have a sound clip of your truck? I will order a 40 today and have it done when I go nightshift in 2 weeks.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Im in Freehold, the local Meineke shop is good they do alot of retro's they are sound as well. Last time I used a custom shop for my magnaflo and it was a **** poor install everything rattled. When I had my 40 installed they had to rdo the hangers and stuff because they were installed wrong. Probably be cheap to do from them as well. Just for fun you have a sound clip of your truck? I will order a 40 today and have it done when I go nightshift in 2 weeks.

Ahhh, sounds good man. As long as you trust the shop go for it. Atco is an hour or so from me, but I will deff. use these guys in the future. They did a real good job.

Hmmm, sound clip..I don't, but I may be able to get one next weekend when we go to Paragon...Prolly be too late by then, but I'll get one anyway.

BREW

Old 08-30-2006, 12:26 PM
That would be cool! Since I am working a buttload of overtime the next 3 weeks and mY Anniversay I wont have time to do anything anyway. While you have your truck ripped apart, is your truck pre-wired for the audiophile system? I went through it today and found all the harness' for the system.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 PM
That would be cool! Since I am working a buttload of overtime the next 3 weeks and mY Anniversay I wont have time to do anything anyway. While you have your truck ripped apart, is your truck pre-wired for the audiophile system? I went through it today and found all the harness' for the system.

Hmmm, I'll have to look at it tonight. I haven't noticed if it's pre wired or not.

BREW

Old 08-30-2006, 01:07 PM
I found the subbox wire by the driver side rear seat bracket running by the power window wire and taped to the harness at the radio. I was playin around with the after sales guy at the dealer about upgrading to the audiphile and he said it was cost prohibitive because of the cost of thsystem and all the harnesses needed for the sub little did he know

Old 08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I found the subbox wire by the driver side rear seat bracket running by the power window wire and taped to the harness at the radio. I was playin around with the after sales guy at the dealer about upgrading to the audiphile and he said it was cost prohibitive because of the cost of thsystem and all the harnesses needed for the sub little did he know

HAHA, thats usually the case. Everytime I buy a car, I end up teaching the sales guy something about it because I research it and know what I want...

BREW

Old 08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I finially crawled under the truck today to look at whats under the truck and damn you think they could put a bigger muffler on the truck. The things gotta be 2 feet plus long and a foot high. Looks like a diesel muffler. Thats it forget the stereo its the exhaust first

Old 08-31-2006, 04:40 PM
I finially crawled under the truck today to look at whats under the truck and damn you think they could put a bigger muffler on the truck. The things gotta be 2 feet plus long and a foot high. Looks like a diesel muffler. Thats it forget the stereo its the exhaust first

HAHAHA, I know man. When I took mine off I couldn't believe it either.'

Well either way, stereo or exhaust, it will be music to your ears

BREW

Old 09-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Yo Brewdude... How is it going working on the truck??? Where are the pictures????

Quick Reply: Wheres New jersey